150 grn ab from a 303 British vs frontal shot on whitetail

Gm weatherby man

Handloader
Dec 19, 2010
Bullet leaving barrel @2600 fps, hitting white tailed buck straight on at just shy of 200 yards. Bullet impact was was high in chest because all I could see was head and neck white patch. Was some tall grass covering his chest but I new I could get bullet to him if I aimed straight. It was 10 min of legal shooting time,and he was 15 yards in front of bush line which I learned after I looked for him after the shot, that's why the deer pic is dark with my phone. I'll post later

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,790
That held together well I'd say. How far did the bullet make it/where did you find the bullet? Nice job.

Enter through the front chest through the spine at the shoulder and out against the hide on top of his back , I'd say 12 to 14" of bone and meat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 1,780
Fantastic shooting with the old brit. Back home in Missouri you see quite a few sportirized Enfields. What bullet and load, rifle and such.

Is this a .308 AB? I am not aware of a .311 AB having been made available. If it is a .308 AB, what sort of accuracy are you getting?

Yes a 308 AB, ever since I read some where that some 303's had tight barrels as well as sloppy ones,I'd thought I would try and low and behold the gun my dad have me did great with about every 308 bullet I run trough it, last year I used 140 mono flex to kill a white tail at 80 yards, great job, couple of years back a 165 grn tsx to kill another. Groups in the AB are usually 1/2" on average@100 yards. I always love using this gun,always been accurate .

That is text book performance.
Congratulations on your deer.

JD338

Doesn't get any better than that! Might have to give that bullet a close look for use in the 308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Can't ask for much more than that...

Great frontal area on that bullet too.

Back