200gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw 300 win mag..(update)

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
:grin: ..just gathering up some more jugs and going to run one into the jugs @2700 fps from about 10 yds, looking forward to see how they do, the did well in my 7mm rem mag, but going to see how the do from my 300 win mag, bear hunt is next month, stay tuned, I'll update in a week or two (y)

Lou

The 175 TBBC was one of my favourite bullets in the 7RM. I took quite a few head of game with that load. Looking forward to your results, Lou.

Lou,

Good show buddy. I am looking forward to seeing your results.
The 200 gr TBBC should be a hammer out of your 300 Win Mag.

JD338

JD338":2su89m2g said:
Lou,

Good show buddy. I am looking forward to seeing your results.
The 200 gr TBBC should be a hammer out of your 300 Win Mag.

JD338

Thanks Mike and Jim :grin: :grin: ..I'm kinda hooked on this testing thanks to our good friend Scotty (y) ...it should do well, I'm looking forward to it too, should penetrate and expand like a monster, we'll see (y)

I'd like to have a couple 100 of them.. The 338's I have seen were tremendous bullets.

Tested today from my 300 win mag from 10yds, I'm very happy with the results, and well be using this bullet for bear next month 8)

Shooting distance 10 yds
retained weight 190grs
expansion .673"
retained bullet length .685"

bullet was caught in the 7th jug while leaving the standard dent in the 8th, this bullet is a hammer, nice shank and great bonding as well, going to use this load next month for black bear at close range.
Lou (y)

That's great Lou. Can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like perfect Bullet performance..

Whoa!! That sucker does look really good Lou. Yeah, that's a big game crusher.

What ammo has the 200 TBBC loaded in it?

Classic appearance of all the TBBC bullets I ever recovered. They do work. Pity they are no longer available as components for hand loads.

Here's just for comparison

180gr nosler Partition
180gr swift scirocco
200gr trophy bonded bear claw

All 3 are great bullets that shoot very well in my rifle (y)

SJB358":2b1q43dv said:

Hi Scotty, Federal premium pal, darn great bullet! (y)

SJB358":w2ee44c0 said:

Lou

SJB358":92gwbqos said:

Hi Brother, if I score, I'm doing something like this but with a slightly open mouth 8)

Lou (y)

Nice mount!

If I tag a bear this fall, just planning to do another rug, or maybe just get the hide tanned and put it away for future use.

Those Trophy Bonded seem to epitomize the performance of a bonded bullet. LOTS of expansion, yet they don't break up. Nice..

Guy

Back