225 grain Kodiak Bonded Core 338 Win Mag 338 Win Mag

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I ran these into the jugs not knowing what to expect. Never fired a Kodiak before, but after seeing this, they look like pretty decent bullets. It was found in the bottom of jug #5 and expanded to 1.09"! Yeah, it was pretty danged wide.

Retained a

That is some serious expansion Scotty!
That would certainly impress an elk.

JD338

Kodiaks have always performed well for me. That definitely would leave an awesome wound channel.

Look like good bullets to me. I have some 160's and 140's for the 7mm. I plan on running them out of my 7 MSM and WSM. Wanna drive them hard and see if there are any chinks in their armor, but seeing the 338 bullet, I think they will do well.

Kodiak bullets were made here in Alaska, but went out of business several years ago.

Alaska":3l05058v said:
Kodiak bullets were made here in Alaska, but went out of business several years ago.

We had just gotten a bunch from ABW in 15. Too bad as they seemed like pretty decent bullets.

Hmmm...didn't know he quit making them. That's too bad. It was fun to go to Juneau and pick them up right there. They never had a website and only sold to a few shops I guess.

Back