225 Accubond 35 Whelen

I have thought of trying the 250's in the Whelen. I have read quite a bit about sizing down jacketed bullets, and with the bonded core, I think the AB would be the ticket for giving it a try.

Tommer23,
I have used both the 225 AB and the Partition in my 35 Whelen for whitetail deer. My load clocks 2677 fps. Let me tell you it just clobbers deer buddy!! When you put one in the boiler room they typically don't get very far. It's either down and out or a very short distance is traveled. That bullet just unloads a huge amount of energy when it hits the vitals. Best of luck with your load. It looks like a winner!! :wink:

Don

I would really like to try the 225 grain Whelen AccuBond bullets in my Remington 7600 but can not find them in stock anywhere.

grry10":1uxmbrcb said:
I would really like to try the 225 grain Whelen AccuBond bullets in my Remington 7600 but can not find them in stock anywhere.

I sign up for Midway alert when they come in stock. Seems like a run gets put out once a year.

"Amazing to witness (see and hear) what these larger caliber bullets do when they impact on a target."

I haven't tried the AccuBond in my .35 Whelen yet as I've been using the Barnes 225 gr. TSX at 2710 FPS.
Sixty point four gr. of Re15. Remington brass and WLR primer seems to be what the rifle, a custom Mauser with 24" likes. It's worked so well on the hunt that I've seen no reason to change.

I've taken six elk with that load. Three DRTs and three requiring a finisher. The latter three were hit so hard that they could not get up and run off. Works for me. The one I shot this last December 30th dropped so fast the guide thought the ground had swallowed her up. It was that fast.
Paul B.

Back