9.3 250 Accubond

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Found this in my dirt back stop behind my target. I know dirts pretty rough on Bullets but these seemed to hold up pretty well. I haven’t chrinographed this load but guess it’s around 2600-2650 FPS from my 9.3x62.

I don’t know if the recovered bullet is from a 200 yard impact or a 400 yard impact. Thinking it’s probably the 200 yard impact from the amount of expansion, but still, just a guess.

I also found these next to my 400 yard steel plate.

Perfect little disks left on the ground after pounding the plate at 400.

Nice. Run one into some water jugs. You will probably find it in jug #6.

JD338

JD338":3kbooid9 said:
Nice. Run one into some water jugs. You will probably find it in jug #6.

JD338

I’ll get one into the jugs soon Jim.

Dear All,

First of all greetings from Hungary/EU.

My first comment dedicated to my long time favorite caliber. 9,3x62.
I own a Voere Titan II, The rifle is a bit pimped with ceracote and the stock is also modified.
I do use AB since years for hunting with IMR3031. The average velocity is pretty consistent around 2370fps. Works perfect up to 130-150yds without any adjustment in the scope.
I do not consider myself a good shooter or a long range shooter at all. In my hunting situations the 150-200yds seems the maximum. Above that I would rather stalk.
I did start some development for Speer Hotcor and Lapua Mega. The candidate powders for these are the: CFE223, Vectan Tubal 3000, and Win Staball 6.5.

Greetings,

Lorka

I forgot to mention that I also have some 250gr BT. I manged to shoot a 200-210 pound boar with it just recently. It was a clear shoulder blade shot.
It went through, and the fragments were stuck just under the skin at the opposite side. I recovered them ad I will mace some pics from it.

I forgot to mention that I also have some 250gr BT. I manged to shoot a 200-210 pound boar with it just recently. It was a clear shoulder blade shot.
It went through, and the fragments were stuck just under the skin at the opposite side. I recovered them ad I will mace some pics from it.

Lorka - welcome to the Nosler forum!

Regards, Guy

Lorka,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here!
I'm sure you will like the comradery of the fine folks here. Welcome aboard.

JD338

Good Morning Guy, JD,
Thanks a lot. :)
I had troubles with the registering, but finally it is solved.

I'm not an expert in the long range shooting at all but I like messin' around with different charges and powders. I also have a 308 and I try to share my findings, as soon as I find the proper thread. Maybe some folks will find it interesting.

Lorka,

Welcome aboard. The 9.3X62 is a fine cartridge that'll deliver the goods, without a doubt. I don't own one, but I do have a 9.3X64 Brenneke that I really love. I'm using the 250 grain AB, which will allow me to tackle about any game I would even wish to hunt with that rifle.

Hello Mike,
Thank you for the greetings.

For a while I did have also a Mauser M77 in 9,3x64. That rifle was a state of the art. The cartridge is also highly remarkable. That caliber could be a one for everything.
What I really like in the 9,3, that it is "meat preservative" . With a good lung shot you only have to cut throw out just a tiny amount of meat.

Your recovered bullet looks remarkedly like the one I dug out of my moose 2 years ago. The bullet had impacted the spine at a range of 180 yards, and travelled a good distance down the spine from the quartering to shot. Do not recall exact amount of penetration at the moment, but am thinking that it was about 18", and recovered under the hide by the back ribs.
It was the Nosler factory ammunition with the 250 gr AB. I have not chronied it in my LH Sako 85, but is it rated at 2550 fps.
Going to pack it when I go north this fall in October, in case I run across a bison.

Lorka,

Üdvözöljük a fórumon! I think you will find everyone here is happy to share what they know, speculate about what they don't, and just plain be good people.

I'm not an expert in long-range shooting, either, so don't worry about that.

Lorka,

Üdvözöljük a fórumon! I think you will find everyone here is happy to share what they know, speculate about what they don't, and just plain be good people.

I'm not an expert in long-range shooting, either, so don't worry about that.
Well, now I'm impressed, Kinley!:unsure: Welcome to the forum, indeed!

Scotty, that bullet will make one heck of a wound cavity. I can't see much of anything standing up to that.

Lorka, welcome to the forum. A lot of good information and people here. Dan

Lorka, welcome to the forum. Nice, helpful folks here. Be interested in seeing more about your 9.3, Dan.

Back