.375 Speer 235 gr

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Water jug test, recovered from 5th jug, weighs 180.5 gr, expanded to .73" diameter. I thought it held up rather well with the 2700 fps mv:

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

A buddy of mine has used this bullet quite a bit on elk and mule deer and describes the results as "a train wreck."

I wonder what they would do from my 378 Bee at 3300 fps? :mrgreen:

J/K Guy.

Looks good and they actually do quite well from the 375 Holly.

It is also a popular bullet with deer hunters that go on safari in the deer woods with their 375 H&H's.

JD338

It is a lot of mass at reasonably high velocities; it has to be devastating.

Very nice Guy! That bullet looks pretty darned good to me. Hard to beat those Speer bullets. I am a fan of their Hot Cor's. Haven't really seen much reason they would ever do a hunter wrong. Scotty

Yes I shot my first two Elk with my 375 H&H and I recovered the bullets and they looked pretty much just like that.
Actually I shot a big Saskatchewan Whitetail buck and I believe that I have the bullet and case glued under the horn mount. I will get a photo of it and have DrMike post it for me (if he will) :wink: on this post.
The 235gr Speer is nothing fancy but it is a excellent hunting bullet (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I like them. Haven't ran across a critter that needed a second one. They perform flawlessly. I have had the 270 grain bts explode, but not them.

Yup the 270 BT Speer suck buttocks. Nice BC but way too soft.

Used these a bit in my 12.75" 375 JDJ, but at 2000 fps there is not enough velocity to get them to expand, but with a 3/8" hole through the vitals, game can not shake that off, but the 40 more yards of dragging is kind of uncomfortable when you shooting stuff big enough to use a 375!

The Speer 270 gr SPBT shoots great in my 375 but they are indeed soft. I don't think I would use them on anything bigger than deer.
That 235 gr looks to be well built and holds together. I think I might have to give them a try.

JD338

Back