260gr. and 300gr Accubonds

300 H&H

Beginner
Aug 31, 2010
Noticed this fall more 375 caliber 260gr. and 300gr. AccuBond bullets are on retailer's selves. Did they make a special run on them this year and do you know if it is a couple years when they make another run on these bullets through their production line? Just wondering if a person should stalk up on them while you have a chance? I have 300rds of 375 Ruger 300gr. Accubonds loaded up. Should be enough in my life time but I always tend to be over prepared.
Thanks
Mark

Not sure about the manfacturing run of 375 AccuBond bullets.

They are great! Shoot very well in my 376 Steyr. Getting 2532 fps with the 260 gr AB out of my 21" barrel. That's only about 20 fps less than the Hornady factory 270 gr load out of a Ruger rifle in 375 Ruger.

Get out and shoot that rifle and take it bear and elk hunting, and you may find 300 rounds won't last as long as you might think! I know it does not take long to go through 60 rounds in my 376! It is so much fun to shoot, and a pussycat off of the bench!

I now it is fun to shoot. I would love to shoot an elk, moose, bear or buffalo with it. My partner has 375 Ruger Guide Gun too and has killed an elk with the factory 270gr. Hornady round. Where as I killed a mule deer doe on a damage control hunt with the factory load. I chronographed this 300gr. AccuBond load at 2590fps out of my 20" barrel. Using RL17 powder.

300 H&H":y06k1ww4 said:
Noticed this fall more 375 caliber 260gr. and 300gr. AccuBond bullets are on retailer's selves. Did they make a special run on them this year and do you know if it is a couple years when they make another run on these bullets through their production line? Just wondering if a person should stalk up on them while you have a chance? I have 300rds of 375 Ruger 300gr. Accubonds loaded up. Should be enough in my life time but I always tend to be over prepared.
Thanks
Mark

Mark, those 375 Accubonds were scarce for a couple of years. I favor the 260 gr version, and when I saw they were avail at Shooters Pro Shop at a good discount, I got five boxes of 'em. Likely enough to last me forever. :grin:

I'd advise grabbing them when and where you can. Kinda surprised me that they were so hard to get for a while. Awfully good hunting bullet.

Guy

Thanks, you helped me make my decision to stock up on some more. I got an email back from Nosler support saying: Mark,

Production schedule is showing both the 300gr and 260gr to run in November.

I burned out a barrel on a Remington 700 BDL in 375 RUM firing 260 gr Accubonds. (I started buying ballistic tip ammo because it was the cheapest 375 caliber ammo I could find) and when they stopped selling that and made the Accubonds I stayed with them. My solution was a PacNor 28" ultra match grade barrel for it and she's a thumper! I still love my Accubonds and have yet to find any game animal that can handle more than one of them!

Back