.375" 260 gr Nosler Accubond

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Tested at 20 yards into water jugs with a muzzle velocity of 2650 fps. Bullet recovered from the 7th jug - which puts it up there in a pretty exclusive club. Retained weight was 179 grains and it expanded to .83" diameter. A good sized black bear at just over 300 yards completely failed to stop this very accurate bullet:

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Guy,

Very impressive bullet performance.
Hope you can find another bear this year to test this bullet again.

JD338

That bullet has served you well, and no doubt will continue to do so.

Great pictures and performance! It would be fun to see what that bullet looked like from the bear to compare retained weight and diameter.

Now, I have got to go and test the 225gr AccuBond out of my 358Win, I have been motivated by this thread. :mrgreen:

"It would be fun to see what that bullet looked like from the bear to compare retained weight and diameter."

It would be fun - but the bear failed to stop the bullet. It continued into the hillside beyond... Typical Nosler performance: complete penetration leaving dead game behind. I don't think I've ever recovered a Nosler from game - including elk, bear, wild boar & mule deer. They have always penetrated right on through, killing quickly, even the ballistic tips, and even using a rifle as small as the 6mm Rem.

Guy

Guy Miner":3mhtzi4d said:
"It would be fun to see what that bullet looked like from the bear to compare retained weight and diameter."

even the ballistic tips, and even using a rifle as small as the 6mm Rem.

Guy

I agree Guy...I did find the jacket of the 120 BT in the whitetail my son shot this last year from his 7mm-08. That is the only partial I have ever recovered since I started to think about looking for them when field dressing or butchering game.

Guy Miner":ifm83k8r said:

It would be fun - but the bear failed to stop the bullet. It continued into the hillside beyond... Typical Nosler performance: complete penetration leaving dead game behind. I don't think I've ever recovered a Nosler from game - including elk, bear, wild boar & mule deer. They have always penetrated right on through, killing quickly, even the ballistic tips, and even using a rifle as small as the 6mm Rem.

Guy

Maybe this will help, this is a 260AB fired from a 375RUM at a 4x4 elk at about 50 yds. MV is around 2990fps. The bullet went in just before the right rear quarter then who knows., but it didn't blow the guts ups. It's retained weight was 176.4gn.

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

Guy great photo and again terrific Nosler results! I've done the 100 and 300 yard tests on the AccuBond, Partition, and E-Tip. I just need to do the 20 yard test now! I think we should steal/copy/borrow Scotty's idea and take pictures of the bullets on the appropriate loading manuals. Those pictures of his sure look sharp.

Richracer1- That is great performance from that beast you are shooting! You guys sure like those cannons!

6mm Remington":27a7arux said:
Richracer1- That is great performance from that beast you are shooting! You guys sure like those cannons!

Funny thing is, I don't remember feeling it when I shot my Muley or this bull, but then it is wearing a Limbsaver as I was not going to shoot it with the old style hard Remington pad on there. Shooting this and the 338RUM off the bench is another story - very intimidating.

Guy - Rich, great looking bullets! That really makes me wanna have a 375! Those are awesome looking bullets and truly awesome power. Great shooting! I have never found a PT either. I have a 140gr AB from my 270WSM somewhere that I found while skinning my largest bull elk. Worked well. Scotty

Updated 8/21/2011:

Took the Ruger Number One to the range today. Didn't water-jug test the 260's again. I know what they'll do. Wanted to do a little practice and needed to adjust the scope a tad. From sitting at 100 yards I put three of them in a group measuring .84" - with the scope dialed up to 5x. I was aiming at the bottom of the black.

IMG_4773.jpg

After this group, I adjusted it to the right eight "clicks" and sent the next round right into the center ring. No wonder I like this rifle, scope and ammo combination! These big Noslers shoot! :grin:

Guy,

Excellent shooting! The bears are in trouble! :grin:

JD338

That's pretty darn impressive Guy from the sitting position. Looks like it should be a benched group. Aren't those Ruger #1's nice!

True confession time - I don't even own a benchrest.

Sometimes I'll use a bench and either a bipod or just toss a backpack on the bench and shoot, but no - I'm not a BR type shooter. Normally I just go prone or sitting with my rifles.

Probably ought to invest in a benchrest someday.

Fine group, Guy. Indeed, bears should be shaking if they aren't already doing so.

100_3262.jpg

100_3261.jpg

Both came from a Bull elk at 240 yards. Out of a 375R at 2800. One weighs 173, and the other weighs 201. The lighter one was through both front shoulders, and the heavier one was a quartering away (1st shot), and ended up in front of the offside shoulder under the hide.

Very cool! I've long been a fan of the Partition, but these newer Accubonds are making quite an impression on me...

Hope to put one (or more) in an elk someday myself! :grin:

I, too load the 260 grain AB in the .375 RUM. Remington Model 700 XCR2. (all 7.3 lbs of it :wink: ) The performance I've experienced is identical to the photos posted above. I must say, though, it's a tough decision for me choosing between my beloved partitions and the AccuBond.

Back