375 Bullet Test Results**(lots of pics!)

That's a thorough bullet test for the 375. The Hornady GMX looks impressive.

JD338

I know I want some for my 378 bee

Quite an extensive test of bullets for the .375 caliber. Though most of the bullets will bring down game, it is true that the GMX and the A-Frame were especially impressive.

I would love to see how the 375 e-tip would have stacked up against the others. ........ oh wait we don't have one!!!!!

FOTIS":11bdazlg said:
I would love to see how the 375 e-tip would have stacked up against the others. ........ oh wait we don't have one!!!!!

Man, I'd think Nosler would be all over one. Seems like a solid niche for a 250 ETip...

I'd try a .358 caliber one myself.

SJB358":3ddnbkc6 said:
FOTIS":3ddnbkc6 said:

Man, I'd think Nosler would be all over one. Seems like a solid niche for a 250 ETip...

Hear! Hear!

SJB358":y3q8pycr said:
FOTIS":y3q8pycr said:

Agree - this seems a natural area for Nosler - make some 250 - 300 gr E-Tips for the .375 cal rifles...

Penetration would be impressive! Not that I find anything wrong with the current lineup of Nosler's avail in .375, but yes, it seems like a good place for another E-Tip!

Regards, Guy

No more Nosler .375 bullets! At least not yet. I shot the 260 Partition extensively in my 375 Ruger during the summer. Finally got the opportunity to drop one on a nice bull Bison. Bullet traveled completely through and got caught in the hide on the outgoing side. Performance was text book perfect.

Bullet weight remaining - 220gr
Bullet diameter - a perfect 60cal all the way around
Small amount of lead remained "sitting" in the frontal section

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/260_Part_2.JPG[/img]

I waited forever to get my hands on the 260 AccuBond, which I now have but haven't test fired any yet. Can't spend all my time on just one rifle.

So please; no more Nosler .375 bullets yet.

Just for comparison - here is a 400gr Speer JSP 45-70 bullet pulled from a 350lb SC hog. This expanded bullet is a full 90cal!!

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Bullet_Comparison.JPG[/img]

Awesome results Charlie! Those look excellent. 375's and PTs seem like they are made for one another. What was the distance of the shot and approximate amount of bone/muscle/etc the bullet went through.

A couple of nice recoveries there. The 260 gr Partition is one of my friends favorite bullets in his 375 Ruger Alaskan. The other likes the 260 gr AccuBond.

SJB358":2mfhlmyf said:
Awesome results Charlie! Those look excellent. 375's and PTs seem like they are made for one another. What was the distance of the shot and approximate amount of bone/muscle/etc the bullet went through.

Classic chest shot - just behind the foreleg, 1/3 the way up. No heavy bone.

Bull didn't even flinch when hit, just stood still. He eventually turned 180 degrees and I dropped another one in the boiler room from the other side. This time he shuddered and began to sway like a drunk before abruptly flipping over dead.

You just never know how a biggame animal will react to a hit.

I really wanted to use my 45-70 and a 425gr hardcast bullet but the 375 Ruger was longing for a kill so I gave in. The 45-70 has many kills under its belt. :roll:

The 260 gr AB out of my 376 Steyr (mv of 2530 fps out of a 21" barrel) at 200 yards on a bull bison completely penetrated so was not recovered. Double ling hit, walked 5 yards, laid down, tried to rise once and expired, and all in less time than it took to type this out.

Another bullet recovered from the finishing shot at a cow bison at the same distance was recovered after penetrating approx. 36" (quartering to shot), that retained 90% of it's original weight and expanding to .750".

I would like to see Nosler come up with a FP of 220 grains for the 375 Win!

Back