Cutting Edge 190 grain copper solid

Nice bullet.
#9 is the speed King in both my 10 and 357 Sig. Makes for a full case though.

Looking over Benchrst's 10mm data, what I needed to know was right there staring at me the whole time... I just wasn't looking for it until now.

He shows a load with the same charge of #9 under a 200 grain XTP, but one with a CCI 300 and one with a CCI 350.

The magnum primer produced 116 fps more than the standard primer.

Got a brick of CCI 350's yesterday, loaded 3 rounds with 12.4 grains of #9 for starters.

May get to shoot them this weekend.

I seem to hit a wall at about 1,275 fps no matter what powder and primer combo I use...

Ridgerunner665":2tk1otto said:
I seem to hit a wall at about 1,275 fps no matter what powder and primer combo I use...

Seems like it will still kill bucks! :lol:

SJB358":2c33nai8 said:
Ridgerunner665":2c33nai8 said:

Seems like it will still kill bucks! [emoji38]
No doubt, but I had hopes of at least somewhere over 1,300 fps...

Can't help myself, just gotta "see what I'll do".... Whether its a gun, a car, a motorcycle, a horse, or a go cart... Lol.

Ridgerunner665":1n60e2e4 said:
SJB358":1n60e2e4 said:
Ridgerunner665":1n60e2e4 said:

Seems like it will still kill bucks! [emoji38]
No doubt, but I had hopes of at least somewhere over 1,300 fps...

Can't help myself, just gotta "see what I'll do".... Whether its a gun, a car, a motorcycle, a horse, or a go cart... Lol.

Hey man, I get ya. I'm following your lead here. I've got the same gun, I'm just waiting for you to sort yours out :mrgreen:

And miss all the fun!

Hahaha, two heads are better than one.

I've about done all I'm gonna do on it for a while, I'm just not getting the speed I wanted out of the copper bullets... So they're on the shelf for the time being, until I decide to maybe try some 800x.

I'm back to the 200 grain XTP's and 12.6 grains of AA #9.... But I've switched to CCI 350 primers for all loads using #9... Decreases the compression issue a little.

Also, see my thread on modifying the RCBS seating stem so the XTP's can be seated without damage.

Loaded 3 at 8.5 grains of Blue Dot just to see where I'm at in the load data, since I'm using the mag primers.

They chrono'd 1,075 fps from the 7 inch barrel and sooted the case mouth a bit, indicating a very mild load and incomplete powder burn.

Gonna try 9 grains next...

Blue Dot spiked pretty good at 9.5 grains (1,170 fps)... No smiles, but VERY flat primers... Spooked me.

I stopped there and backed up and retested  Longshot with the new chrono and the 20# spring...

9 grains of Longshot, CCI 300 primer...1,286 fps at 25 feet... That is 1,305 fps at the muzzle and no signs of pressure anywhere. Primers look good, brass looks good, case head measurements are all within spec.

I am gonna try 9.2 grains again, just to double check to see if I still get the slight smiles with the 20 pound spring....

Back