Improving sights on Kimber

G

I have a kimber stainless gold match II. When firing it in an indoor range I have trouble seeing the sights. Will putting reflective paint on either the front or the rear sights help. If so which is best to paint and with what kind of paint. Thanks for any and all input. Al Crouch

260, it sounds like your in the same age bracket I am- 60+. I had the same problem with my Kimber when shooting indoors. I think it has something to do with the width of the opening on the rear sight. I tried fluorescent orange on the rear sight window and a dab on the front blade which helped considerably. After all that I invested in a set of Meprolight night sights which cured the problem completely. I installed the night sights after borrowing a sight pusher from a fellow shooter. Kimber sights are "tightly" and I do mean tightly fitted into their dovetails. If you decide to go the night sight route be watchful when you remove the rear sight as there is a small spring underneath that will take off as soon as it sees daylight. Hope this helps.

big rifle man, Thanks for the info. I will look into them and you will have to add a few years to yours for mine...... and yes the eyes aren't what they used to be.

I have the night sights on my Kimber Tactical Pro II and they work well.
I have been thinking of adding a Crimson Trace Laser Grip just for grins. :grin:

JD338

On my Kimber BP TEN II I used the XS Sight Systems 24/7 Night Sights. These consist of a Large White Dot Front Sight with a Tritium Insert in the center of the white dot. The Rear Sight is a shallow "V" with a Tritium vertical line running straight down from the "V". The sight picture is a Dot the i type of arrangement.

I carry my Kimber for daily duty use and I have found on my qualification these sights improved my scores and also seem quicker to use for my eyes.

Larry

JD338":19je6bti said:
I have the night sights on my Kimber Tactical Pro II and they work well.
I have been thinking of adding a Crimson Trace Laser Grip just for grins. :grin:

JD338

That is the way to go.
I have both on my Ultra carry II and want to but a set of crimson trace grips in rosewood for my elite carry.
The grip sight is easy to adjust and stays put. It also shows you how good or bad your trigger pull is.

hey larry in sd, thanks for bringing up that sight i have wondered how good it was. i like the idea of the big circle out front and just the line in the v to bring you eye there. i carry my kimber custum 2 cause my permit says i can. now i will get the new sight. XS also makes a nice sight for the Marlin lever gun. and the one i bought as a gift for my uncle was also a scout forward scope mount. I installed it and he put it back in the safe and its been there ever sinse.

Back