Kimber Polymer high capacity 1911

Handloader
May 30, 2009
Me and a friend of mine have these pistols and they love to jam.I am shooting 200 grain semi wadcutters.I have not tried hard ball ammo yet.
I am still puzzled why these pistol jam so easily.My ammo functions flawlessly in my other 1911's.

My first guess would be the wad cutter ammo. Try the 230gr ball.
If you still have problems it more than likely will be a magazine related issue.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/tech/reli ... ecrets.htm

Take a look at the article at the link I posted above. I too have a Kimber Model BP TEN II, Polymer Framed, High Capacity 1911. Mine was horrible constantly producing 3 point jams (the cartridge would jam about 1/2 way into the chamber).

I did all the polishing and modifications listed in the article at the above link in regards to the barrel and now it runs fine. I have shot both Ultramax Commercial Reloads with their 200gr. Hard Cast SWC's, as well as handloaded 200gr. Hornady Jacketed SWC's now with good results.

The breechface on my Kimber was also rough. Attention to it with a diamond finger nail file and then some 2000 grit sandpaper smoothed it out quite nicely.

I really like my Kimber Model BP TEN II but was about to make it call someplace else home I was getting so frustrated. I've also been in contact with Wolff Gunsprings about replacement magazine springs, and am going to be order 3 for my 3 magazines next payday.

Larry

I may let some other lucky guy have it.Besides what do I really need with a 14 shot .45 ACP.Pistols that jam make me nervous as hell.I have two series 70 Colts,and they have rarely jammed with thousands of rounds.
I gave the nickel plated one to my son.That gun is unreal.

old #7":jtmaxwb2 said:
My first guess would be the wad cutter ammo. Try the 230gr ball.
If you still have problems it more than likely will be a magazine related issue.

+1

JD338

It's worth running the hardball in it - to see how it works with that. A .45 ought to at least shoot hardball well...

Yep, try the hard ball.
If it's not reliable with hardball, it's "trading stock" and nothing more. Just don't trade it to anyone you actually like. :grin:

Back