IWB Holster

big rifle man

Handloader
Dec 21, 2005
Need some thoughts on an inside the waistband holster. I either wore a standard holster or a high rise on the job and never had a need to use an IWB. In Florida at least 90 percent of the year all you wear is a shirt so an IWB is imperative. Also, where is the most comfortable spot, On the hip or forward of the hip. My carry gun is a Kimber pro carry and I'm not interested in carrying anything else. Any ideas on Maker would also be appreciated.

big rifle man,

Look no further than here......
HBE Leatherworks.
Eric Larson 801-916-9248
http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

Eric Larson is great to work with and he has quick turn around.
4 o'clock behind the hip is very comfortable to wear all day.

This is a DC Tuckable, Shark skin front panel and Black Cherry color, med ride height, 22 degree cant, with clips.
Pistol is a Kimber Tactical Pro II
HBEDCTuckableKimberTacticalProII.jpg

HBEDCTuckableKimberTacticalProII-1.jpg

JD338

Wow JD, that holster is too pretty to hide IWB.

I have something that is very similar, except mine started as a Bianchi #7 Pancake Holster that I added spring belt clips to from Tandy Leather. I have added an extra flap of leather to the back of my holster that extends up as high as the grip of my Kimber 1911. This keeps the metal of the gun off of my skin.

Larry

JD/Larry, thanks for the tips. JD, what was the turn-around time for your holster? Larry is right, your holster is almost too nice to wear.

big rifle man":2ik8irmo said:
JD/Larry, thanks for the tips. JD, what was the turn-around time for your holster? Larry is right, your holster is almost too nice to wear.

3 weeks.

You might want to give Eric Larson a call to get current turn around time.
Keep in mind that these are custom made to order.

JD338

Back