22 LR conversion

Boresighter

Beginner
Mar 30, 2008
Does anyone have one of the Kimber .22 conversions? Any opinions on them or any issues with them? I just purchased one and I am not real happy with the plastic mag. The last round does not feed as the follower binds up before it can push the 10th round to be fed into the chamber. Also will not feed the Federal ammo in the 525 rd. bricks or the Rem. Thunderbolt ammo. Only feeds decent with CCI mini mags. Anyone else have any troubles I am a bit disappointed having spent 300.00 and it does not work as well as it should in my opinion.

Sorry I did not see your post before.

I have a Kimber conversion that I'm happy with. Its less than a year old. The instruction book that came with it does say to use copper plated/washed premium ammo. I've tried the cheaper bulk stuff both plated and non-plated without good results. CCI Mini-mags work all the time. I have not had the 10th round bind.

Same here. I have one also and like it alot. I haven't had any issues with it but I have success shooting CCI and Rem stuff out of it. Maybe a little break in will loosen it up for ya. Of not give Kber a call and see what they say. Scotty

Back