Any problems with 185 JHP feeding

John,

I have run into the feeding problem but not because of the bullet. The 1911 guns of all manufactures have slipped up in the area of the dimensions of the feed ramp, angle and its location. I have discussed this with Irv Stone of Bar-Sto Precision and we agree they are not holding the specifications of the original drawings. These drawings are widely available and this is just faulty, shoddy workmanship. These dimensions become more critical when you go from round nose bullets to hollow points.

Also the barrel throat has to be in the correct location in relationship to the feed ramp in the frame. I have seen people try to make the barrel throat and the feed ramp match up when the barrel is pushed to the rear. This is a no no. There should actually be a gap of around .050 from the top of the frame ramp to the beginning of the throat of the barrel. If not, what happens is during the feeding cycle the barrel will tip up a small amount and the bullet nose will hit the barrel and not feed at all or will be clunky, the slide will hastate.

Thanks for the info Frank! I will pass this on to the guys in the shop

My LTPII eats them up all day long. This is without a doubt my favorite Jacketed bullet. Very accurate :grin:

So far no. From my Kimber and my 2 Springfields.

My Springfield Range Officer loves these in the Match Grade factory offering. Super accurate

Back