Finally caved...

Hegland

Handloader
Jun 1, 2006
Found a Custom II at a price that I couldn't walk away from. It might be bare-bones, but it's definitely a Kimber. Way above any other 1911 that I've seen in the same price range. The slide fit is impeccable, I really like the rubber grips, and while I might spring for some trigger work if I was going to do any competition with it, it is pretty good right out of the box. Just a very tight pistol all the way around.

And if I do my part, the darn thing stacks 'em right on top of each other. I shot this morning at 15, 20 and 30 ft and except for 3 that I knew I tugged, it was one big hole in the target.

Not telling you guys anything you don't already know, but these things are amazing.
View attachment IMG_0835.JPG

And here it is with the 70 Series.
View attachment IMG_0832.JPG

Looking forward to many years of fun with this one!

Nice!
Ya just gotta love those Kimber 1911's! :grin:

JD338

Congratulations on a good looking handgun. I'm certain it will serve you well.

Congrats! Hey - it looks a lot better than mine. What's up with that? :grin:

Kimber is one of the best in accuracy and dependability. I have a pro-carry II in stainless which is very accurate and is also a pleasure to carry. The only item I added was a set of night sights. With older eyes it makes shooting a lot easier. Before you make your purchase think about what you are going to use the gun for. It sounds like you might need two. :lol: My Kimber has digested about 3000 rounds of a variety of ammo without a hiccup.

Very nice pistol buddy. It will be a good friend for you for a long time. I love the Kimber 1911's!

Thanks all. Really looking forward to a lot of trigger time on it.

Guy Miner":2b7o50on said:
Hey - it looks a lot better than mine.

Guy, if I get half the use out of this one that you have, I'll be satisfied. Yours has a beauty all its own. :)

Back