New Shooter

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
My youngest daughter asked me this evening if she could shoot a handgun. I had my Kimber on me so we pulled into some state land near home and she took a couple shots.
24415A98.jpg

She loved it! She wants to go to the range and do some shooting. :mrgreen:
IMG_06631.jpg

Her smile says it all.

JD338

Nice! My youngest is all over me to take her hunting. She's only 6, though, so handguns will have to wait a bit. But she'll be with me this fall, for sure!

Very cool Jim! That's excellent buddy! You are going to be in deep to outfit TWO hunters...

Jim way to light the fires in them. Not a bad thing for the ladies to know how to handle firearms if nothing else then for protection. You are now one up on my topic of our New Year's resolutions if you recall......getting new (old or young) into the great outdoors hunting and shooting with us!
David

Now if I cold just get my wife to shoot. :wink:

JD338

Great photo, Jim. It has to be gratifying when our children want to share our pursuits. More dads need to do such things with their children.

JD338":352mdgsb said:
Now if I cold just get my wife to shoot. :wink:

JD338

That may not be a bad thing Jim, I mean if they can't shoot they gotta get in close to hurt us. When you teach them to shoot.. Well, now you are going to be winded AND wounded! :lol:

Good point Scotty.

She wounded me a couple summers ago right in front of the girls.

I got hit with an apple across the kitchen at about 97 mph. All three of them laughed while asking me if I was alright. :shock:

JD338

JD338":287793fa said:
Good point Scotty.

I got hit with an apple across the kitchen at about 97 mph. All three of them laughed while asking me if I was alright. :shock:

JD338

Yeah.... I have seen remote controls break the sound barrier they are thrown so fast! :shock:

That's why I have no remotes in my house. I may have to quit bringing apples home as well.

SJB358":3lddo6w2 said:
JD338":3lddo6w2 said:
Good point Scotty.

JD338

Yeah.... I have seen remote controls break the sound barrier they are thrown so fast! :shock:

Scotty,

I was wounded pretty bad and gasping for air.....
Trough all the giggling, I heard my wife say, "Good thing I wan't mad at you".

Like that was going to make me feel better!

I am looking forward to the girls shooting the LC9. That is a cream puff to shoot with the 115 gr FMJ loads.
Pretty sure they will enjoy that.

JD338

What is it about Daddy's girl's and hand guns...? I can set mine up with a nice left handed long gun of any flavor she could want. Nope, she thinks my BIL's SIG's are the neatest toy in the toy box. Still good to be out with them aint it? :) CL

Back