Stainless Target II .38 Super

Kurt, anything Kimber in relation to their 1911's is good in my book buddy. That 38 Super is a cool round!

BK":1un83kuu said:
I'm thinking I might need one of these, and maybe a 10mm down the road. Anybody have any experience with them?

Or want? :mrgreen:

Well, Fotis, I came across a screaming deal on some brass, so yes, I NEED! LOL.

The .38 Super would be fun. Lots of zip!

It was a very popular cartridge in Mexico, and quite a few guys here still prefer them, even if it's been a generation or two since their families lived in Mexico.

It's also been very popular in action-shooting competition.

I was thinking it would be fun for shooting jackrabbits in the desert, not to mention something new to try to sort out.

Plus another set of dies on the bench! :)

I have an STII in 45 Auto. It is a fantastic shooting pistol. Very accurate 1911. Ive heard all kinds of horror stories about Kimber on the interweb - to point I almost decided to go to another make. Im glad I did not listen, and convinced that most nay sayers dont have any real world experience with them.

Mine has been very reliable, and has digested MANY rounds without a single failure or Jam.

That being said - Kimbers 1911's are very tight out of the box, as they are supposed to be manufactured with tight tolerances. Dont be surprised if the first few rounds give you issues. Kimber recommends at least 300 rounds for break in. Once they break in - they shoot awesome. Mine actually broke in pretty quick. Just make sure you follow their maintence recommendations - especially where they call for lubrication.

G'Day Fella's,

I've had a Kimber Stainless Target II (in .38 Super),for quite a few years now.
I have replaced most of the "Bolt On" bits with better quality or more refined, aftermarket products (mainly Ed Brown and S&A).
It still has the original Kimber factory Frame, Slide, Barrel and Barrel Bush and in a Ransom Rest, will put 10 x handloaded Hornady 125grn HAP bullets (@ 1300fps) , into 2 1/2" at 50 meters (55yards)! As you can guess, I'm a Happy Lad!!!
I've been shooting IPSC Practical Pistol (also Rifle & Seedgun), for 32 years now and the last decade or so (???), with this pistol.
I'll try to take an image of it shortly and post it here, when I've done that!

Merry Christmas to you all, from Down Under
Homer

G'Day Again

Here we go.
By the way, this pistol is still a "Work in Progress"!

Merry Christmas
Homer

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 4,931
Kimbers are a gem of a pistol. I have a USA team match in 45 ACP and I love it!

I've had my Kimber Pro Carry II for approximately three years now and have put about 2000 rounds through it. Other than replacing the recoil spring as recommended and proper lubrication it's been a shooting machine and has digested everything I've put through it without a hiccup.

Back