Kimber.45 Team Match II

Mark

Beginner
Sep 10, 2006
I just bought a .45 Kimber and like to start load developments. I have some W231 and Blue Dot that I use for the .38 Super. Would these loads suffice or is there any better powders? What about bullets? I was thinking about getting Starline brass by the bulk? Are they good?
Mark

In my book starline is the best brass around. With 231 you're on the tight track... burnes cclean too. Blue dot is a little slower burning. Here is my kimber.

pix1345950234.jpg

POP, Excatly the same pistol I have. How does it shoot for you at 25 yards? 50?

What bullets do you use?
Mark

I use Hornady XTP's, Noslers and some various cast. So far it is a one-holer with most loads.
Mind you I have not done extensive accuracy testing at various ranges just fun shooting. I can tell you I can easily shoot rocks (12"x12") every time at 150-200 yads once I figure out drop. :lol:

:grin: Your Kimbers are a whole lot fancier than mine! :grin:

231 is a very good powder for the .45 ACP. I like either 200 or 230 grain cast bullets for most of my loads, and tend to load them into the 850 - 900 fps range. That gives me the same point of impact as my factory loaded 230 grain hollowpoints.

Doesn't seem to be very fussy about loads. Regards, Guy

Thanks for heads up. I'll wait till I get the Dillon 550 in a few days.
Mark

For what it's worth, Starline brass has performed flawlessly in my Glock 23 (40S&W) over the past decade or so. I have loaded these cases multiple times, I get no bulges, no problems, and everything is fine. And I load everything from low power practice ammo to some full blown practice stuff to mimic good self defense rounds. The only way I don't buy Starline brass is if they don't make the caliber I need. I wish they would get into rifle brass more, though!

Ditto .....when the KIMBER dresses up as a 45 Super! The 45 Super starline brass is great!

Mark":ndnb2yzj said:
POP, Excatly the same pistol I have. How does it shoot for you at 25 yards? 50?

Mark

25 yards with 3-4 different loads.

ecfac11f.jpg

:grin: Pop, move your sights one click to the right! :grin:

Wow - great group! I can't hold that tight at 25 yards... Working on it. I shot a 297 out of 300 on a 30-round PPC style course with the standard B-27 target last month.

Congrats on the nice shooting! Guy

Great shooting POP. Ummm, do I see two holes in the bottom 7 ring. <snicker> Just kidding. Last time I was taking my shooting test for my concealed handgun permit and two of us were close to shooting that kind of group. Good shooting.
Mark

They are not bullet holes. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it! :lol:

I bought a Team Match II about two years ago and fell in love instantly. Like Pop's gun, mine is a one-holer with just about any load. Light loads of Alliant Power Pistol prove very accurate and burns clean enough for all-day shooting. I will say however, feeding was touch and go until I increased the OAL to 1.245. SWC's will not feed reliably at any length, but FMJ FP's and HP's feed like butter. With the exception of the premium stuff, factory ammo also jams more frequently than I can tolerate. Have others had this problem, or should I send the gun back to Kimber?

I use Bullseye in my Kimber. My laods are:

5gns behind a 200gn LSWC or any other 200gn bullet, this is my bowling pin load.

4.3gns behind a 200gn LSWC for our "Bulleye" match.

Back