what factory ammo?

Mark

Beginner
Sep 10, 2006
What factory ammo would be"legal" to use for self defense loads for .38 Super and .45?
I see Silvertips, Gold Dot and Golden Saber. What do you guys lean on?

Mark:

I do not know what you mean by legal. :?: As far as I know you can kill an assailant with anything that your gun digests.

I use federal Hydroshox, speer gold dots and REMCHESTER offerings.

Legally meaning and not to get sued by using powerful handloads for self defense but would they still sue you if they see you using "P+ hollowpoint ammo for self defense" which is a bit more powerful than standard hollowpoints and lawyers and juries still see you as an evil person using powerful (P+)ammo which killed the intruder.

I just like one shot stops for the sake of my family. :grin:

Mark:

At the rate we are heading, as a nation, from a legal standpoint I do not think you can avoid a civil suit after a shooting, justified or not.
I would pick something that will work and put a quick end to the scenario.

Strong possibility of a lawsuit if you shoot someone in self defense.

Get good defensive hollowpoint ammo. Use it in a good handgun and practice. Then, don't shoot someone unless you have to. Bad form to go around shooting folks that don't really need it. :grin:

There's a lot of good hollowpoint handgun ammo available now, from each of the major manufacturers. Also consider looking over the ammo produced by Cor-Bon. Generally very high quality ammo.

Regards, Guy

when I took my education requirement for CC my instructor told us to use current factory loaded ammo in the gun we would cary. The reason behind it is a judge or jury might believe a lawer when they say you reloaded the ammo to cause significantly more damage than factory ammo would and even though you might have been justified to shoot the assailent the reason they died instead of lived was your bullet choice not their choice to attack you. The black talon is not currently manufactured and I bet a gun hating doctor or lawer will say the bullet choice was the deciding factor in a attackers death not the attack its self.
I carry a 45 and use federal hydro shock

Back