I may join the club..

Looks good. I've had excellent service from my .45 1911 Kimber.

Bought one for my youngest son a couple of years ago, and it's a fine pistol as well.

That would be a fine firearm to own and to use, without a doubt. The Kimbers have a fine reputation.

Handsome handguns, to be sure, Jake. They would serve anyone quite well.

Talk around gunshops here in ABQ is the first gen pistols are the only ones not having problems? Not sure what the problems they are speaking of but just chatter from salesmen and customers? Local PD here has to carry issued weapon for 1 year then they can buy their own ? DOJ investigation here might have no PD on patrol sooner than later ?

At my little 40 officer PD, I set the example with a Kimber from the first year of production. It was a much better pistol than my Colt or my Springfield. A lot of guys were 1911 fans though. By the time I left at least a half dozen guys were carrying Kimbers. TROUBLE FREE. All of them. Some built in the 1990's, some as recently as two years ago.

I've shot the daylights out of my Procarry and have nothing but good things to say about it. A lot of people at my gun club and a number of people I've spoken with at our public range have had good luck also with their Kimbers. I'm sure that every once in awhile a lemon will get by quality control but I think that occurs with just about anything. My hunting buddy has put roughly 7000 rounds through his Kimber target model and I haven't heard anything negative.

Bit of an update; I think I have a deal going to trade my Zeiss for a Kimber Pro Carry II. Just waiting on an email back...

Very nice!
I have a Tactical Pro II and love it.

JD338

Back