Two tone Custom II...

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Well the local farm and ranch has these on sale until Christmas and tho i dont need one and have no 45 ammo to shoot i am finding it hard to pass up.. any reason not to?

Kimber makes a great 1911.

No reason not too.

Love my Kimber (Target II)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were to have but one, you would not find a better choice out there!
Love the two tone models!
After a lot of research, when I was purchasing my first 1911, I chose the Kimber due to quality, price and accuracy. No other manufacturer out there provides the accuracy of a regular run Kimber tested at 25 yards, including some Performance Centre production 1911's and custom 1911 manufacturers, who only test theirs at 7 or 15 yards, and still cannot produce one hole groups from a full magazine.
And the ammo issue is an easy fix!
Buy, own and use with confidence! Enjoy!
And at a sale price; how can you possibly say No?!?!

Was almost too easy..."the wife made me do it" is going to be my excuse, she said if we lose our jobs i will just have to start selling my guns...

Attachments

• 20201220_155848.jpg
    20201220_155848.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,058
That’s a nice one. Got a series 70 commander in the safe. Satin Nickel. Would really like to have that same model Kimber but in 9mm. Yeah I know but I like the caliber [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I picked my 1911, I did it like a NCAA tournament bracket.
We’d line up the 1911’s, and I’d pick 1 or 2, after the first round, the field was cut I half each time, until the final round of 2. How it felt in hand and how my finger landed on the trigger...determined 1 or 2. To my surprise, three different gun stores, 4 out of 4 times, the Kimber target won. The store I bought from.. I did it there two times about 3 months apart. Most people that I let handle it, really like it. Did have a friend with small hands that it didn’t fit well. I take an XL in gloves.

I understand there are three “standard” trigger Lengths of pull... I’m no expert. Just repeating what a 1911 sales person said to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So i was down in my gun room this morning going through some things and decided to give a few guns a wipe down and noticed some with this pistol i would have never guessed....the main spring housing is plastic/ composite. I would have never guessed it would be on a Kimber except maybe the LW ones they are making. Wonder when they started doing this?

Attachments

• 20220115_132556.jpg
    20220115_132556.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 6
So i was down in my gun room this morning going through some things and decided to give a few guns a wipe down and noticed some with this pistol i would have never guessed....the main spring housing is plastic/ composite. I would have never guessed it would be on a Kimber except maybe the LW ones they are making. Wonder when they started doing this?

My much used 1997 Kimber also has a composite mainspring housing. It's never been a problem, but I was surprised long ago when I learned that. Of course it's easy to swap out if desired.

Regards, Guy

My much used 1997 Kimber also has a composite mainspring housing. It's never been a problem, but I was surprised long ago when I learned that. Of course it's easy to swap out if desired.

Regards, Guy
Good to know! Thanks Guy

Back