Kimber VS Springfield

270fan

Beginner
Dec 25, 2006
A dealer is trying to convience me that a Springfield is as good or better than a Kimber. I have never shot either of them and I want to buy a 45. The Springfield is considerably cheaper. Seems to me the Kimber is much better quality so at present I am leaning toward the Kimber thinking it is worth the difference in price. . What is your opinion? How would you compare the two? Thanks. Al Crouch

I have owned Para,Springfield,Colt,and Kimber.The Kimber is the best of the factory 1911's in my opinion.

Have also owned a Les Baer and Ed Brown costums,the Ed Brown was much better IMHO.

SakoSteve270WSM, Thanks for sharing your experience. You have had a number of different pistols and taht is a good base to have in evaluating the two. Thanks. Al Crouch

My opinion but Kimbers rock! This is mine!

pix1345950234.jpg

Pop, Nice looking pistol. I am looking at the Stainless Gold Match II which as bet I can tell is basically your pistol except for the handles.

Correct me if I am wrong but:

1) Yours has the laminated handles with the white insert in the handle
whereas

2) The Stainless Gold Match II has plain walnut handle.

Isn't this the only difference? I prefer the handle without the white insert is the reason for gravitating to the Stainles Gold Match II. Any other input? Thanks.

Al Crouch

I believe you are correct. Either way they both shoot lights out!

Back