any comments on a Kimber pistol?

Laker_Taker

Beginner
Aug 17, 2007
I was at sportsman warehouse today and I've always dreamed about owning a 10mm. I was looking at a Kimber it felt great and was smooth as silk the only thing I didn't like was the asking price of 1049.99. Does anybody have any comments they would like to share good or bad or compared to other 10mm's on the market.

Thanks Aaron

I don't have a 10mm but,
I do have 3 kimbers in .45 and would like more.
Mine are extreemely accurate. I am sure the 10mm will be worth the $.

+1 on the Kimber being worth the price. If you want save money, how about the Glock 20 in 10mm for around $500.

Kimber is very nice. I am going to get a Tactical II Pro very soon.
I'm trying to find a good source for pricing. I have found a guy in PA, have to send a Postal Money Order in advance or add 3% to price for a credit card.

JD338

Just don't buy stainless on stainless! Because, if Kimber has not changed their alloys since the Ultra Eclipse II, they have a serious galling issue, where you have to run the pistol so wet with light oil that you are splashed on your shirt sleeves up to your elbows at the range. Other than that, have fun!

You are on a slippery slope my friend.
Having one Kimber is kind of like trying to eat one Lay's potato chip.Can;t be done, you will end up with several of them.
At least that's what happened in my case :roll:

Great handguns. You'll like it.

These are great pistols. I have a Custom Target II in 10mm, love it. Very accurate, reliable. I also like the looks of the 10mm Eclipse. Don't go down the 10mm road, you'll never come back!

I have a Tactical Pro II and love it!
HBEDCTuckableKimberTacticalProII-1.jpg

HBEDCTuckableKimberTacticalProII.jpg

JD338

I'm impressed with Kimber pistols. Couple of weeks ago during a CWP class, a older student produced a brand new Kimber .45. The first round he shot jammed the action solid, and ejected the magazine. The Instructor gave the student his Colt .45 to finish the class, and the first round fired blew the magazine out, separated the feed lips of the magazine from the mag, blew both grips to splinters spraying the older student and us around him with shrapnel. He bled a little from a couple of cuts on his cheeks, and was very humble. I picked up six of his rounds from the ground, all the bullets (230 gr, berry's plated) were set back into the cases at least 1/4" deep. Turns out the ammo he was using was reloaded improperly. I pulled the bullets and found 12.5 grains of Bullseye in each case compressed into a hard disc of powder.. The Kimber took a little convincing to get open but the gun's action held securely, and cycled fine. After comparing the 2 guns, I will get a Kimber in the near future. That's impressive quality.

That does sound very impressive! They are some strong pistols without a doubt. Scotty

Back