Kimber Gold Match II

270fan

Beginner
Dec 25, 2006
Got a new one a couple weeks ago and my son-in-law and I went to the range with it this past week end. I like it very much. My eyes leaave a bit to be desired and I have cifficulty seeing the sights in the indoor range. Think I need to get the front one painted or a reflective one installed. I like the feel of it very much. I am happy with it. Got a Wilson combat clip for it ..... much better than the stock kimber clip.

I have the Kimber Gold Medal Match I. It is a fine gun, but the target sight has too much side to side play. I need to take it off and send it back to Kimber.Either that or put a BoMar on it.
Is it worth twice the price of my Taurus 1911 stainless.Hell No!
That Taurus is bad ass. Try one and you will see.
I use to have a Series 70 Colt Gold Cup and I traded it.Another dumb ass mistake.

I have the Kimber Team match II. Awesome pistol!!!!

I am not knocking the Kimbers. I think they are great pistols.My Gold Medal Match is not the most accurate 1911 I have fired.It may very well be the fact that the rear sight has play in it.It could be my loads. I have shot 6 grains of Unique and a 200grain semi wadcutter for years.I have a bunch of Unique and it meters well and shoots really good in most of my 1911's.What are you fellows shooting as a target load in your Kimbers?

200gn SWC and 4.3gn of Bullseye for paper targets

200gn SWC and 5.0gn of Bullseye for bowling pins/combat shoots

I have never owned one can of Bullseye. I am sure it is great, but I always feared double charging a case, especially when I use to load them one at a time..With Unique ,that can't happen.I guess I am missing out on a really great powder eh?

.405":8vm1dk6h said:
I have never owned one can of Bullseye. I am sure it is great, but I always feared double charging a case, especially when I use to load them one at a time..With Unique ,that can't happen.I guess I am missing out on a really great powder eh?

I use a Lee Powder dispenser that sits on top of the expander. It use volume to measure the powder. I have no worries of double charging with this set up. Then again, if for some reason I get distracted on a round, it's real easy to pull it out of the shell holder to see if it's been charged or just pour any powder back into the dispenser and recharge it.

Attention to detail and strictly following your loading process will prevent you from double charging.

Richracer1":3ijpylbz said:
.405":3ijpylbz said:

I use a Lee Powder dispenser that sits on top of the expander. It use volume to measure the powder. I have no worries of double charging with this set up. Then again, if for some reason I get distracted on a round, it's real easy to pull it out of the shell holder to see if it's been charged or just pour any powder back into the dispenser and recharge it.

Attention to detail and strictly following your loading process will prevent you from double charging.

I had a few friends that blew up guns with Bullseye.I may try it someday, but I have about fifteen pounds of Unique right now.

I've loaded several thousand rounds using Bullseye. I'll repeat myself, pay attention to what you're doing and strictly adhere to your reloading process.

The first time your brain wanders from what you're doing, you'll screw up.

Back