Tactical Pro II

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
I bought a Tactical Pro II in 45 ACP for CCW. Anybody else here shooting a Tactical?

JD338

Congrats

but

391862.gif

I went with the Custom CDP II. My only reccomendation is to purchase some good clips from Chip McCormick or Wilson Combat. Number all your clips and when one starts acting up, relegate it to plinking duty at the range.

KimberCDPII.jpg

Sorry about the quality.......... Camera Phone!!!

Here is a picture of my Kimber Tactical Pro II in 45 ACP.
KimberTacticalProII45ACP.jpg

KimberTacticalProII45ACP-1.jpg

She shoots and handles like a dream.

JD338

Purty schweet JD. Congrats on the purchase.

I've been up fondling the Kimbers too. Looking at the ultra II my self. Something smaller and lighter. Years ago I carried fullsize stuff and man what a pain in the rectum.. So I am looking at the small stuff.

Again, really nice rig.

Rod

From the top
Elite Carry
Ulrta CDP II
Ultra Carry II w/Crimson Trace grips.

You can't beat a Kimber 1911 out of the box.

kimbers.jpg

old #7

Nice collection there.
I'm new to 1911 so I am on the bottom of the learning curve.

I just ordered a custom holster, IWB tuckable from Eric Larson at http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/.

I should have it within 2 weeks and I will post some pictures along with a report.

JD338

Those are some nice looking holsters!
I have a Galco but, after seeing those I think my current holster is just plain worn out and I "need" a new one. :wink:

You are going to love the 1911 especially the Kimber.
The 230 gr slug at around 800fps makes for some nice paperwork.

I am looking forward to getting my DC Tuckable holster.
If you stop and think about it, a custom made holster to my specifications built and delivered is 3 weeks is amazing. You hear a lot about Milt Sparks holsters and having a 6-7 month wait. Also not many options in a Milt Sparks holster, these guys are just happy to have one I guess.

I will give a honest review of my holster when it arrives, but after having a couple of nice conversations with Eric Larson, I just know it is going to exceed my expectations.
If you are interested in HBE Leatherworks, give Eric a call at 801 916 9248.
I think you will be pleased.

JD338

Sweet looking gun. And the holsters at HBE look nice also. We were discussing belts at the Club meeting, allow me to suggest the following:

http://www.thebeltman.net/

I have the Bull hide 1 1/2 belt as my daily use belt, and it is great. My favorite thing is that he offers 7 holes, spaced a 3/4" as opposed to the standard 5 and 1". That adjustability is really, really nice for carrying. I often found with my Galco belt that one hole was too loose, and one hole to tight.

In a more nontradtional vein:

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/vie ... ategory=16

This is what my Brother has, and he is a big fan of it. He also has a kydex holster for his fancy SigSauer, so it all kinda goes together. Has good reviews (about half way down)

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/firstline.html

I can't wait to see the holster!

The Outlaw Kyle

Good to see you at the meeting tonight.
Thanks for the belt lead.

JD338

speaking of clips, I'm running two Kimber .45ACP clips out of my pro carry and have found no problems with them. I normally clean them with a Q'tip and Hoppes. Anyone come up with a better idea on cleaning clips. In the past I've sprayed brake cleaner from the bottom of the clip while holding it upside down which cleans the crud out and leaves no residue but I believe there should be some very llight type of lubrication. Any thoughts?

big rifle man":21ngzaoa said:
speaking of clips, I'm running two Kimber .45ACP clips out of my pro carry and have found no problems with them. I normally clean them with a Q'tip and Hoppes. Anyone come up with a better idea on cleaning clips. In the past I've sprayed brake cleaner from the bottom of the clip while holding it upside down which cleans the crud out and leaves no residue but I believe there should be some very llight type of lubrication. Any thoughts?

I haven't cleaned one of mine yet or for that matter had any problems with them. But, the bottom of the clip should slide off allowing the spring and follower to be removed. Right?

I'm not sure, I tried to slide it out but it didn't want to move and I didn't want to force it. It sure looks like it should slide out though.

JD338

JD338":1j13t67v said:
I'm not sure, I tried to slide it out but it didn't want to move and I didn't want to force it. It sure looks like it should slide out though.

JD338

There should be a small hole in the base that a detent sits in. You should be able to push the detent into the mag with a pencil or paper clip to get the base to slide off.

old #7

No detent, just two threaded holes and Kimber on the bottom under the bumper pad.

JD338

:? All of my other semi auto mags dissassemble that way. Maybe it's a Kimber thing.

Back