Nosler 44 240 JHP

HHI6818

Beginner
Feb 24, 2015
Nosler lists the 44 240 gr :
Optimal Expansion Velocity: 800 - Unlimited (FPS)
I'm betting I can surpass the unlimited FPS!
MGM had a Black Friday sale and I bought a 24 inch 445 Super Mag barrel. 3/8 in longer 44 Mag case. The "M" is the mean or average velocity.

Did the other loads yield similar accuracy? To be certain, that target you show is quite comforting. Fine looking setup.

My son shot the above group and I shot this group with same load. Day I chronographed loads it was 25 and I'm sure cold fingers didn't help.

HHI6818":297gchwc said:
Nosler lists the 44 240 gr :
I'm betting I can surpass the unlimited FPS!
MGM had a Black Friday sale and I bought a 24 inch 445 Super Mag barrel. 3/8 in longer 44 Mag case. The "M" is the mean or average velocity.

Where does Nosler say their Sporting Revolver 240 gr JHP bullet is good for "unlimited" velocity?

I tried to find it after reading your post. I always figured they were good for "normal" revolver velocity spreads.

Good shooting BTW, you ought to have some fun with that new barrel! (y)

Regards, Guy

Took me awhile to find it. Do serarch on Nosler blemish bullets search for the bullet click on product description

Bullet Ballistics Information

B.C: 0.186
Part Number: 44842

Hmmm... Seeing the way they expand/flatten out with max level .44 revolver loads... I think maybe they don't really mean that. :mrgreen:

I noticed going through my Nosler manual, the rifle bullets have maximum velocity listed, or "unlimited" in the case of sturdy bullets. But the pistol bullets just say "across a broad velocity range." I think that's more realistic myself.

And again - Good Shooting! (y)

Guy

This bullet performs well in a 44 Mag revolver.
In my Marlin 1894 44 Mag at 1750 fps, recovered
bullets did retain the lead core most of the time.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=29178

JD338

Very nice! That looks like a super WT or bear rifle for sure. It has to be pretty handy as well. Congrats. Haven't heard much about the 445 Super Mag in a long time. I remember reading about it in G&A way back in the 1990's or earlier I think from a Dan Wesson revolver.

Congrats on a cool little thumper.

After making my post the other day I read all the other posts here. Great info! If my son hunts with the 445 SM rifle I'll probably load the 265 gr Flex Tip which is made for the 444 marlin. I bought an SSK 14 inch Contender in 445 SM 20 years ago and its has some recoil with no brake. Two years ago I shot it and the look on the son's face was PRICELESS! Hey Dad give me your cell phone I have to take a slow motion video so you can see the fireball! He did and edited it and snapped these pics. This is the 37 grs of AA1680 and now he wants me to shoot one at DUSK! :mrgreen:

My cigar won't stay lit.

Can you bring that cigar lighter down here so I can light up ? [emoji3]

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back