New ATA-AT50 Trap

tjen

Handloader
Apr 25, 2007
Used my new Trap machine for the first time Sunday. Really had a great time and it works perfectly. Its a Atlas ATA-AT50 (osilating base) on their cart so I can move it with my ATV. Put just short of 200 clay target through it. I can see I need the wireless control for it which will better than the 75' cable.

In this case its in the name 50 clays, the 250 holds 250 clays but the naming convention stops there I think 250 is max even with their 400 madel.

I will have to see how I actually use it most, oscilating or not oscilating. But it is a fun feature. Just the AT50 on the cart would be very usefull. Right to left settings are easy just by moving the cart's tung and I made a series of steps with 2x4 blocks so when its is set to throw high I can raise the tung in 1.5" incerments up to 6" to lower the throwing angle. The trap has up & down adjustment but this is faster to just move the tung. I did get the tilt too but blocks under the wheel works fine too.

Their base trap made from galvenized steel is $599 the AT50 made from stainless steel is $799. Their are other comsumer grade trap for $400 which are not close to Atlas's comertial grade traps. That why I bought the Atlas.

Back