14 gauge shot shell load

Horsethief

Handloader
Jul 5, 2012
A friend got a 14 gauge S/S and will be looking for load data. Does anyone have published data or data they've used?

He's likely going to split the difference between equal weights of 12 and 16 gauge data. He has lots of odd / rare calibers so this is nothing new.

The only 14 gauge firearm I've ever heard of were the Ishapore Arsenal Enfields designed for use by prison guards in India (so that if stolen, the guns would be useless without available ammunition).

Who made the shotgun?

George

The unique shotgun was made by Charles Haaken Fils Liege in 14 Gauge SxS.. It has 28" barrels. The 14 gauge was a attempt by the gun makers for a new fouling gauge, but it never took. This shotgun has a cross bolt style lock and safety.

I dunno, man. Shotgun reloading is a whole different world... much lower pressures; wads and hull design have a huge impact on pressures; wad compression also has a huge impact. I'm a total wuss when it comes to reloading shotshells.... Mainly lowish pressure trap/skeet loads in very popular hulls.

Why not ask the fellow on Gunbroker whose description you quoted above? He's selling one and may have a lead or two.

George

GeorgeS: The buyer and the seller have been in contact, according to the buyer, and the question might have been answered.

Back