New Toys

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
My sister's husband passed away several years ago and he had a few guns that she decided she didn't want any more and had know one to give them too so she asked me to take them and clean them up since they hadn't been touched in 5 or more years and just shoved into a closet,out of sight out of mind.
I payed here a visit the other day and she dug these and a few more out of a closet that had junk piled on top of them, Some were in soft cases and one was wrapped up in absorbent pads and I was really expecting the worse case scenario expecting rust everywhere. There was a Beretta BL-5 12ga O/U, a M1 .30 Carbine (10-42 Inland ) and a M1200 12ga Stainless Marine pump that she gave me and others that she wasn't sure who they belonged to but was going to find out about and call me later.
Since this is the shot gun forum I didn't down load the M1 picture. I will say it is in very good condition and the bore shows little wear and is brite since I cleaned it.

Attachments

• KIMG0051.jpeg
    KIMG0051.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 1,239
  • KIMG0061.jpeg
    KIMG0061.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,239
Beautiful scatterguns, Rodger. That was very generous on her part, and no doubt very meaningful for you. You need to take them hunting this fall in his memory!

The Beretta will see some action but the M12 is a little shinny to take into the woods and will be for home defense. And god help the idiot that would come into my house uninvited, if the slide being racked doesn't put the fear of god into him the load of 00 Buck will let him meet Satin.

Absolutely gorgeous and very generous of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments and yes it was generous of her to gift me these fine fire arms and she could have sold them but wanted to see them stay in the family and get used by some one who appreciates them. Her remaining son doesn't hunt and lives in Mass. so he wasn't interested in them.

Its very nice that she understould their real value far more than money, and wanted you to have them. The30 carbine sounds like a neat gun too.

tjen":25b1aomy said:
Its very nice that she under stood their real value far more than money, and wanted you to have them. The 30 carbine sounds like a neat gun too.
The M1 .30 carbine is neat and I played with it as a teen ager when it was first bought. One of my first gun repairs since it was missing the rear recoil lug and couldn't be fired since it holds the rear of the receiver in the stock. This one is marked Inland machine and tool GM div. 10-42. the bore is in excellent shape considering the age of the barrel.
I actually hunted ground hogs with it once I repaired it back in the 1960's.

Back