Caesar Guerini and skeeters

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
My granddaughter wanted to put skeeters in one of my shotguns and I am not a skeeter fan. They work "o.k." in a 12 to 20 and even 28, but not 410. Actually I am not a 410 fan either. Another problem with skeeter is digging out the shells or hulls. Then you have the weight of the shotgun fitted with skeeters. All this is obviously only my opinion, which has been called into question lately, as I have been told that I am old and not up to date and I can not argue with that. So if you like skeeters-use them by all means

Anyway, when she was in Spain she used a Caeser Guerini 20 ga Syren Tempio, which I am sure everyone here knows is a shotgun made specifically with the female in mind. She loved it and I put a few rounds through it myself and liked it, as did her mother.

Anyway I got one for her, for Christmas and thought I would share this with you fellows in case you have daughters, wives, girlfriends or granddaughter's that like upland hunting.

I also can recommend the Connecticut, they will also custom make it to fit the individual and the one I have has worked well for me and my daughter.

No opinion on the skeeters but my train of thought has always been if you want a smaller gauge shot gun get one and leave the twelve gauge a twelve gauge. =>)

Is skeeter the same as set of tubes to shoot a different gauge?

I do enjoy my CG Summit as does every one that shoulders it for a round..

It was my daughter in laws fav, until I got a Benelli Performance shop super sport 20ga. The girl must know how much I paid.. he knows quality when she sees it. No Rem 870 for her ( no offense meant 870 fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only seen a single sample of a Caesar Guerini....your granddaughter is fortunate indeed to have a grandmother so discerning!

Very nice shotguns.

hodgeman":3s52hacw said:
I've only seen a single sample of a Caesar Guerini....your granddaughter is fortunate indeed to have a grandmother so discerning!

Very nice shotguns.

I've only seen one as well. A buddy of mine was given one as a 25th wedding anniversary present by his wife. He nicknamed the shotgun "Bella", adopts an Italian accent whenever he pulls her from the gunsafe, and affectionately calls her his "Italian Mistress"...

Lol. My CG’s name is Lizzie. The word is she’s easy......
On the shoulder.

I picked it up used. A young lady was trying out for 2016 olympics in Brazil. Her coach talked her dad into a custom semi auto 6#. Lizzie got sold off. Their family custom is all guns get names.

I forgot it had a name til I saw Bella.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies

michigan and maverick,----- and cheaper ( the shotgun is cheaper than a mistress lol )

Don, I mentioned before, at this stage in my life, you would be getting the sour end of the deal. I am one day away from neending full time care lol

Michigan, those Benelli's are nice shotguns.

Rodger, I agree--plus the weight and you have to dig out the spent hulls, not an invention I ever liked.

Mike, thank you. I think she will like it. She loved the one she used here ( it was a loaner from the man and wife that took her hunting )

I have always enjoyed both waterfowl and upland hunting and she seems to also enjoy it, so if she takes care of that shotgun, she could still be using it when she is my age.

Back