Our Doubles

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
The 20 gauge Ithaca (by SKB) my son uses. It was a gift to me, from my father, 50 years ago... Still in very good condition. My son and I both love the light, lively feel of this gun along with the ease of operation & wonderful reliability:
65cOhj3h.jpg

These days I seem to be using this 12 gauge Browning Citori a lot. It too was a gift from my father, only a few years ago. He told me "I'm not using it anymore, you might as well." Thanks Dad! :grin:
DkIYleVh.jpg

Two more examples of guns that have continued to perform well, decades later.

Guy

Very meaningful photos, Guy, especially for you and your son. Obviously, you know how to use those shotguns to good effect.

There is some beautiful grain in that Browning over & under - mostly concealed by the dark stain & finish.

I get tempted to strip and refinish those stocks, to bring out the beauty of the wood. But... It's such a nice looking shotgun I hate to risk making things worse instead of better...

Both of them need new recoil pads. The one on the Browning is "melting." And the one on the 20 gauge Ithaca is hardening to a rock-like consistency...

Guy

Back