Fishing

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
What is this fishing you all speak of?
What caliber does one use for bass? How much lead do I need to give a catfish? Where's the best place to camp if I'm going after pike?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Two ounces of lead for catfish to keep your bait on the bottom since they are bottom feeders, Bass don't require heavy equipment but it depends on where your fishing, open water or thick heavy cover. And I would look at Pikes Peak as a good camping spot for Pike. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

One of the cool things about fishing, is that I've been able to do it year 'round here in Washington. Something is always legal to go after - and dang - since I took up the fly rod 20 some odd years ago - it's gotten to be an awful lot of fun!

Perch to salmon - each is a hoot.

Guy

One of my early mentors, a first cousin, considered the pre 64 Winchester 30 30 lever action adequate for Bass and any other critters that wondered into his sights.

Darkhorse":3t80s0nc said:
One of my early mentors, a first cousin, considered the pre 64 Winchester 30 30 lever action adequate for Bass and any other critters that wondered into his sights.
Did the thudy thudy give him enough penetration on those lunkers?

Yes, I remember quite clearly several large, as in over 5 pounds, bass in a washtub with ice with large holes through them. Complete penetration and good expansion when I looked at the exit holes.
He shot these particular bass from a tree overlooking a spring in central Fla.
This is the truth. I swear.

Darkhorse":c4clf3xm said:
Yes, I remember quite clearly several large, as in over 5 pounds, bass in a washtub with ice with large holes through them. Complete penetration and good expansion when I looked at the exit holes.
He shot these particular bass from a tree overlooking a spring in central Fla.
This is the truth. I swear.
I'll have to give the thudy thudy serious consideration then as my bass gun. :)

Back