Flordia Fishing

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
We went down to Florida to visit my brother in Boca Raton and did a Charter fishing trip with Lady Pamela out of Ft Lauderdale. The waters were a little rough but we all had a great time. Our catch included a 86" Sailfish and a Bonita.
Sailfish%20Ft%20Lauderdale%20FL%201232016.jpg

JD338

That looks like it was a lot of fun Jim and a nice sailfish.
I use to go down to Daytona when my wife's sister lived there and got to do a little fishing from some piers and caught a big bass off a spawning bed in February. She moved back up here so I haven't been down there in a long while.

Florida fishing is never far from my mind as I grew up in Central Fla. Wife and I fished the King Mackeral tournaments on the east coast for many years. During that time I caught 2 sailfish, both on 20 lb. line. They put up an incredible fight on light line stripping a couple hundred yards off the reel in a flash. Sure would like to hook one again sometime.
Got a few photo's around but lately my scanner has lost it's sharpness and all my photos come out grainey. If I can ever figure out how to fix it I'll post a couple.

How did I miss this post????

JD - congrats on a mighty fine fishing trip!!!

Dang!!!!

Guy

Thank you fellas. It was a blast and hope to go again next year.

JD338

Guy Miner":131s767j said:
How did I miss this post????

JD - congrats on a mighty fine fishing trip!!!

Dang!!!!

Guy

I'm asking myself the same question.

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Nice fish. How's it taste? [emoji846]

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about JD but we ate one of ours. Best smoked or grilled, passable fried. Meat is on the darkside. Not as good as the snappers, groupers, Mahi Mahi and other known eat'n fish but OK.
Big fillets though.
I probably wouldn't kill another one.

Back