Alaska2016

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Well I'm done guiding pheasant hunts until fall. Time to get ready for Alaska again. Looking forward to fishing with these guys soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 1,573
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 1,573
Had a lot of years going up in the spring before I moved there and funny thing was the ice around Anchorage [Lake Hood] used to go out about the 1st week of May or pretty similar to when the lakes cleared here, but the birch trees were always leaved out further in Anchorage, because of the days being so much longer at that time of year I suppose?

It is always very interesting how fast things start to green up, gotta be the long days. Of course fall comes on just as quick. Just at the prep stage now, big push to get everything we can into a container and shipped by the first of May. June through August no days off, but always good people.

Nice pictures!

My older brother just invited me on an Alaskan fishing trip. I'm super excited. I didn't think I would ever get to experience something like that.

Sent from the edge of my galaxy

I'm not sure. We're checking dates available the first 2 weeks of August.

He told me all I have to do is buy a plane ticket to Anchorage and he'll cover the rest.

We'd be going after salmon and halibut, I think.

Sent from the edge of my galaxy

Guessing you're going to be on the road system out of AKN then. You'll be on silvers primarily, maybe second run of reds(sockeye) on the Kenai. You should think about a day targeting rainbows as well, could be a lot of fun. Of course fishing for Butts is always good.
Either way it will be a great trip. One piece of advice I would offer, if your brother asks you to come up with an extra 300.00 bucks for a fly out. Do it. You won't be sorry.

Back