Ice out soon!

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Lakes just south of us clearing daily! Since we live right between two lakes, my lawns end in different lakes on opposite sides of our property. However there can be quite a few days difference of when they clear! Here is a couple of pics taken this morning that show one lake very black and ready to clear in the next few days. The other lake only 100 yds away may be a week or so behind the other. Its still thick enough to walk on. Thought some might be interested to see this?
Here is one ready to go.
IMAGE00425.jpg
This one could take a week longer!IMAGE00426.jpg

Winter is grudgingly surrendering to the warmth of the spring sun. We had such a mild winter until a couple of weeks ago, and then the snows came. Strange, that. Snowing again today. However, I would not want to be walking on the ice as the temperatures are hovering around 30 at night and rising to 40 during the day. Spring, with benefits, I guess.

Should be out in a couple of more weeks, E. We're expecting warmer weather after this week--mid- to upper-40s for at least a week beyond that. Sure trying to be spring around here. Time to get out and look for a black bear.

We had quite a dump of snow on Sunday night and early Monday morning. The forecast is cool with highs in the mid 30F for the rest of this week.
We had one week of very nice weather and then the past 10 days have been very cool and miserable.
The main lake around here is breaking up and should be just about clear of ice or very close to being clear.
Earle it looks like you have a beautiful place there and I sure hope the fishing is okay as well.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,
Jackson Brook Lake(west side of our house) is 80/90% clear tonite so it will be ice free by tomorrow! Sure sounds good to hear those waves lapping up on the shore tonite!
Drakes Lake on our East side is starting to turn black today so I think it will go out maybe over the weekend.
We have a sign over our sink " if your lucky enough to live on the lake; your lucky enough."

Hi Earle, I spoke with my brother last night who lives on the Lake about 35 minutes outside of Regina. He advised that the lake has been clear of ice for almost a week :wink:.
He would agree with your little sign 100% (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back