red drum on fire

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Took my daughter and a friend fishing yesterday morning. Three man limits plus two oversized by 10 am. Culling out the smaller ones and left them biting until we got sore arms. Thanks to the Lord for the abundance of fish. We all had a blast.

EGm33OU.jpg

lQfOTsI.jpg

That is a beautiful haul of some fine table fare! Congratulations. I sure do miss fishing the Gulf when I see pictures like that.

Thanks Mike, it sure was a nice day out without the hot sun blazing. It's very rare that I hauled in a redfish without its signature spots. Threw her back in to grow another day. Once in a lifetime.

ycyi11S.jpg

CpawPzB.jpg

There is some great eating and to have a day like that with family is priceless :wink:.
You just can't beat those types of memories (y).
Thank you for the post and photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Red Drum are on my bucket list, never have fished for them. We have a group from Louisiana that come up for Kings and Sockeye. They invite me every year to come down, need to make that happen. Your story just adds fuel to the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser, you really should make that happen. For those that have never caught one redfish pull like a house on fire!
Tackdriver, really good catch. Looks like you all had a really good time.

Super nice seeing those Redfish Mark! That one is a Hog of a fish! Weird that one fish not having a spot on its tail.

Had to be a lot of fun! Thanks for posting!

Looks Harvey had some good effects on fishing in a safe area. Great job, sure wish I could have been with you.

Thanks guys for the compliments. Those redfish sure pull like a train and I love using light tackle with 10-20 lb braid and hear the drag sing.

Truckdriver, I would not be fishing if a hurricane is heading my way, I'll be busy boarding up my house. :mrgreen: The post is from May. :grin: So far, it passed east of us and landing in Rockport which is a tad more than 2 hours north of here. We were blessed that it did not head our way or south of us.

TackDriver284":1sl7cztm said:
Thanks guys for the compliments. Those redfish sure pull like a train and I love using light tackle with 10-20 lb braid and hear the drag sing.

Truckdriver, I would not be fishing if a hurricane is heading my way, I'll be busy boarding up my house. :mrgreen: The post is from May. :grin: So far, it passed east of us and landing in Rockport which is a tad more than 2 hours north of here. We were blessed that it did not head our way or south of us.
I here yeah and sorry I didn't look at the date when you were fishing.

But I must admit that I have been on the water when an unexpected T-storm rolled up on me because the fishing was fast and furious and I wasn't paying attention to the sky.and had to run like heck to the ramp or a different dock to get off the water.

truck driver":qo73u1n2 said:
TackDriver284":qo73u1n2 said:

I here yeah and sorry I didn't look at the date when you were fishing.

But I must admit that I have been on the water when an unexpected T-storm rolled up on me because the fishing was fast and furious and I wasn't paying attention to the sky.and had to run like heck to the ramp or a different dock to get off the water.

I hear ya. I had a couple of close calls right before a severe northern front came rolling in. I should have paid attention to the weather but didn't. We were fishing in less than 18 inches of water and the northern hit with 40 mph wind and I had a gut feeling that the flats will be drained of water or pushed out to the deeper end and we left the area and water got shallower to at least 4 inches by the time I found deeper water. 30 mins later the flats was nothing but grass. Had to run along the shoreline to get home because the deeper areas was so choppy.

Back