Dipnetting the Copper

A

Anonymous

Got back last night from a dip-netting trip to the Copper. It was a little slow, but we found the right eddy and caught 55 in 9 hours between us.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    955.1 KB · Views: 1,471
That was successful! Never did dipnet, but I have watched natives on the Fraser dipnetting.

Great going, I'm waiting on kenai dip season. We usually take my zodiac, it's way more efficient than bank dipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our way up to visit gerry last August we watch dip netting at Morris town just outside of Smithers BC. We watched for about 20 minutes and they caught a good number of fish during that time.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks for sharing.
I did a little dip netting for suckers when I was a teenager but we used a 8'X8' net on a set of bows attached to a 20' pole set up on a tripod made from three forked poles we fashioned from large tree limbs.
I even still have my tools for making the nets which would take several days or weeks to knit and worked on them in the evenings during the winter when there was nothing else to do after the school home work was done.
I had almost forgot about doing that and not to sure I could still knit a net but in time I probably could remember how to tie the knots so they wouldn't slip.

Back