Gulkana River Kings...

A

Anonymous

Was able to take my niece and my son out for a couple of Kings today...

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,344
That's great. Glad to see someone catching some kings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can not beat spending time with family and catching fish just tops it off :mrgreen:!!
Thank you for the post and photo (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Fish on, way to go. Jeepers it's been a long time since I fished down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's Fantastic I love seeing young people holding fish and smiling.

My grandson called me and asked me if I knew how to clean a catfish. it seems he caught a whopper and didn't know what to do with it, a 10lb channel cat while fishing for bass. It hit a Rappala and the fight was on.
Pappy had to show him how to skin it and then I fillet it for him.
I'll get him to send me the picture so I can post it for him.

Oh, yeah, those channel cats can give a good fight. Fine dining, though. Don't get them up here, Rodger.

It's the tail end of the run in the area we king fish. Managed only one yesterday, but it was a nice one. He even came with a tag, the first tagged fish I've ever caught.

That finishes out my salmon season with my one king for the year. I'd like to put some halibut in the freezer for the winter, but once August hits...it's on to hunting and I won't even think about fishing after that.

Attachments

• king2017.jpg
    king2017.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,270
This is my daughter when she was 9 years old, she used a lure and brought this beast to the boat all by herself. I believe it was a 41 inch bull red , used light tackle with 10 pound braid and took a little over 20 minutes after several runs out with the drag singing. She has a good tan from fishing all those years, she is already in the university and still fishing with me almost every time I head out. (y) Sorry picture quality is bad.

Z44Oliv.jpg

Since we're showing off big fish I guess I'll show the monster my youngest caught yesterday while trolling for Kokanee.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,248
Back