Trout!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Got out with the kayak & fly rod this morning. Landed seven trout, all small. Sure was fun.

One pair of bald eagles had an end of the lake, and a few osprey had the other end. A big ol' heron was stalking the shallows. I might have some other photos too. :)

DziqV1cl.jpg

This was in a reservoir about 13 miles from town. The reservoir provides irrigation water for the local orchards and has for about 100 years.

Guy

Native or Brown? Wooly buggers work when nothing else will or at least around here they do.
Thanks for sharing.

Not native, the WDFW plants tiger trout, brown, and rainbow in this 18 acre reservoir.

Limit is one fish, and it must be at least 18" long!

Guy

Got out with the kayak & fly rod this morning. Landed seven trout, all small. Sure was fun.

One pair of bald eagles had an end of the lake, and a few osprey had the other end. A big ol' heron was stalking the shallows. I might have some other photos too. :)

DziqV1cl.jpg

This was in a reservoir about 13 miles from town. The reservoir provides irrigation water for the local orchards and has for about 100 years.

Guy
Phenomenal photo !

Thanks all. I had my hands full & busy. Paddling the kayak, casting the fly rod, bringing in the fish, and working the camera.

That's a LOT for two clumsy hands! :)

Biggest fear was that the camera or the fly rod would vanish into the lake...

Guy

Back