Good ammunition is a must!

That statement is so true.

And that's why we all visit here. To make our weapon as accurate and reliable as possible, with the best ammo we can make.

Very, very true!

If the gun doesn't go "bang" its only a glorified stick.

Factory ammunition as well as handloads are better than ever these days, and the odds of avoiding compulsive bungee jumping sans a cord at the behest of Old Ephraim are better than ever.

Thankfully,

Dale

I have to disagree on current factory ammo. There are more and more interesting options. The bullets choices in particular are something a factory ammo hunter even 15 years ago could never have imagined, but I've noticed a serious slump in reliability.

I never had a failure to fire with factory ammo until about 10 years ago. I've had a few since, mostly burning up oddball factory rounds to make brass. This is not old stock ammo, but new production, some of it LE or Military marked and marketed (scary indeed) from our local Sheriff's department marksmanship days. Some of this is also confiscated ammo of questionable storage, but known lineage. Seems to universally come from one of the big 3 companies. Never had that in years of shooting cheap Remfedchester hunting and target ammo. I've also encountered severe overpressure signs with 2 makes of domestic factory ammo purchased new in store.

Back