Underwood Ammunition

big rifle man

Handloader
Dec 21, 2005
Roughly a month ago I heard about this ammunition and its performance. I did quite a bit of reading including reviews and decided to purchase a couple of boxes for my .357 Sig. Well let me tell you, this ammo lives up to its reputation. the Sig ammo is 125 Grain bonded Gold Dot. The case is nickel. Advertised velocity is 1475FPS out of a 4" barrel. (that I was surprised about) I proceeded to my buddy's range and shot 5 rounds from my P226 which has a 4 1/4 inch barrel. At the first shot I didn't believe the chronograph. How about 1520FPS! I fired four more shots and came up with an average of 1516FPS. This is what the .357 Sig was originally designed to do. Obviously this is a +P round but the cases after firing looked fine. There is definitely more recoil and I can honestly say you know something is happening when you pull the trigger. Underwood makes ammo for a variety of calibers, all of which are excellent performers. Take a look at their web site. They post velocities.

I buy from them for several hand guns. Personally, I like dealing with a mom & pop and the ammo lives up to the reputation.

Back