Winchester match 6.5 Creedmoor!

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Pulled out my Ruger American Predator today, first time this year. Went and cleaned the barrel again to test this ammo since it was first time I have tried it, and wanted to see if the rifle liked it better clean or a little fouled. Shot two 3 shot groups to foul the bore but recorded them any way just to see. Also shot my first 5 shot group with this rifle, it was going great until I botched the 3rd shot. I guess the heat was just getting to me, and I wasn't focusing enough. Overall very impressed with this ammo. Also the rifle even though it's cheap and feels cheap, ( I hate the stock) I've been extremely impressed by it. It continues to out shoot many more expensive guns I have owned.
729eafbc5340ee65678e619aba18cb01.jpg
5d7a38d915c617fb60ec6d54e0c249d4.jpg
9ee9a54e3641973a3a2c9434f7778f71.jpg
e6c9ca9c73688ccacc3f75f86bd8a0e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, it appears that you have a shooter on your hands. Good stuff!

Thanks DrMike. My hunting hand loads and the Hornady match have all averaged well under an inch. Only load this rifle would not shoot was the superformance 120 grain GMX. Don't know what the deal was but it was like 2.5" - 3"

FWIW, I've not had great success with GMX bullets. It is fair to say that my experience with that particular bullet is best described as "occasional."

Yeah I'll not be buying any to hand load myself. I got to get some 130 AB to try out. I had great luck with those in a 260 Rem I use to have. Tried to pick some up Friday, but couldn't find any at the store. All they had was 130 grain Sierra HPBT Gameking. I've never tried those before and didn't know how they held up. Majority of my deer are under 100 yards. I used the 140 Gameking soft point last year and was happy with the performance though.

My 6.5 Creedmoor is showing good promise with the 143 ELD-X, the 129 SST and the 120 GMX hunting loads from Hornady, with all providing sub-MOA groups. I have not yet had time to handload for this rifle, but will be trying the 130 and 140 AB's and the 140 SGK's.

It looks like you are getting similar groups to mine, except for the GMX. Gotta like the Creedmoor!

I'm gonna try to get some of the SST's and AB myself. I can not say anything bad about the 140 Gameking it actually shot the tightest group this rifle has ever shot. With the smallest being .353 and the largest being .642 over the course of load development. The Gameking also performed great on these Mississippi deer. I honestly don't know if I can give it up to try another load lol

Cleveland48":3jb48yxr said:
I'm gonna try to get some of the SST's and AB myself. I can not say anything bad about the 140 Gameking it actually shot the tightest group this rifle has ever shot. With the smallest being .353 and the largest being .642 over the course of load development. The Gameking also performed great on these Mississippi deer. I honestly don't know if I can give it up to try another load lol

And why should you give up Sierras! If they work, they work! Sierra Game King has always been a fine bullet.

They are indeed! I know last year I got caught up on some other forums with people saying they were a very soft bullet, and I was cautious to use them. But I killed a few deer with them last year from 35 to maybe 60 yards all were pass throughs with a nice quarter sized exit. So I have nothing but faith in them now. Still wanna give the AB a shot I loved those in my old 260.

Back