Remington HyperSonic 243

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
So I got these for one of my oldest daughter this year, and thought yes fast and bonded it is going to be great! But I noticed when gutting her deer that there was only a single entrance hole and no exit. It was shot from maybe 50 yards and took out a rib. but I would have thought there would have been pass thru? or did it just explode on impact? Maybe hit a branch? thoughts?
No she wont be using them next year, we'll shoot them up for practice. I'm not confident in them for hunting.

My other daughter got hers with a 223 62gr fusion at about the same distance and it was a pass thru also hitting a rib on each side(which I was surprised by too).

Wow. Bonded should have exited. The speed is not that fast. 3000fps for a 100gn bullet isn’t over the top. So guessing 2950 on impact.. should have gone through.

I’ve used SGK 85gn HP in 243 at 3300fps (RL26) and 4 of 5 did not exit. 2 DRT, three ran up to 50 yards. That’s not a bonded bullet and isn’t supposed to exit. (Shots were 150yds to 230yards)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it didn't make sense, it was a large entrance hole that's what makes me think it maybe exploded. Was a good hit (maybe a little high)standing broad side, took out a lung and still ran about 50 yds, stopped turned around and fell over.

Maybe catch the bullet in a water jug test? Could be it hit something before reaching the deer...

It does look like a great bullet choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back