Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 am

• Custom Rifle Sale Ad
  • Shooters Pro Shop
  • Nosler Ballistics 2.0

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Switching my carry pistol...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 am 

Been carrying a Glock 36 for several years, and it has served me well, but after getting my wife the Glock 19 I have very much fallen head over heels for the size, fit, and feel of that pistol.

But I'm getting a Glock 32, 357 Sig... Near 600 ft. lbs. of energy in a perfect size pistol.

I sorta wanted G29, but they're just too thick, my hands are plenty big enough for the 29, but I just don't like carrying a gun that thick.

357 Sig ammo is pricey, but it won't be a range gun anyway.

I'll likely sell the 36, it has a new set of Trijicon HD sights, a Mitch Rosen Holster, 2 or 3 Galco double mag carriers (all dark brown), and I think 5 magazines with Pearce +0 mag extensions.

I'd let all that, or just the gun, go for a song of anyone is interested.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Switching my carry pistol...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 am 

Those glock 19s are pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

I've been enamored with the G19 I got for my wife every since she got it. No wonder that is the best selling pistol on the market, its the perfect size. But, I'm no 9mm fan... Don't much like 40 either... So I split the difference, and got a Glock 32 357 Sig.

Its the most power and capacity you can get in a slim compact pistol.

Also decided to go back to IWB carry, found a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 on Amazon, I carried a 1911 in one of those for several years and really liked it a lot. I do plan on getting another Mitch Rosen 5JR later as well, for those OWB occasions.

Got a set of Trijicon sights on the way too, didn't get the HD's this time though, them damn things are just too sharp there on the rear sight, gets rough on forearms and elbows when carried OWB.

Undecided on ammo... Really wanted to try Underwood, but I just don't much like the idea of over 1,500 fps from a 4" barrel... If they'd offer a 125 grain Gold Dot load at an honest 1,400 fps I'd order a case.

So, I got some Speer LE 125 Gold Dot ammo on the way, and will also try some HST loads very soon.

Got a 20# RSA also, figured it couldn't hurt.

The 357 Sig is a one trick pony, for sure.... But that one trick is exactly what I want it for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 am 

I've carried the Glock 23 for 14 years. The size of the 19/23/32 is just about ideal as you can get in my opinion for a versatile platform. I've been tempted to drop in. .357 Sig barrel but .40 ammo is free:)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm 

Mission accomplished...

I'm packing the Glock 32 in the Versa Max 2, night sights installed, 40 rounds of 125 grain Gold Dot on board (the good loads, Speer part number 54234).

Range report in a couple of days.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 pm 

Am observation...

The Glock 32 has full and complete case head support.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm 

I have two Sig .40 calibers, P239 is for carry ICW, and the P229 Equinox is home use. I have been willing to buy the drop ins in .357 Sig for those two SigSauers, but never got around to it.

Is it worth it? Reason I asked is I never had done a drop in before.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 pm 

That's a question only you can answer...

My reason for the 357 was simple... its the most powerful round that comes in a comfy to carry pistol.

I wanted to go 10mm, but the G20 is too big all over for me to carry, and the 29 is too fat.

So I landed on the Glock 32 after about 2 years of deciding on what pistol to get.

I wanted more power and capacity than the 45 was giving me... The 357 delivers in spades.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 pm 

Range day today.... My wife with her new Gen 4 G19, me with my G40 and the new G32.

100 rounds of Speer 125 Gold Dot (54234) through the G32, it ran like a Swiss watch... Not a single bobble of any kind.

Accurate!!! Very, very accurate!!! Glock triggers, as we all know, are like a box of chocolates... Never know what you're gonna get.... The G32 has the best out of the box Glock trigger I've ever came out with yet, I haven't touched it and may not (I generally do the 25 cent trigger job on all my Glocks).

The G32 has a very good wall before the break, and breaks clean.... Easy to stage.

Recoil... Not an issue, its easier to shoot than the G36 was with hot +P 230 grain ammo.

Muzzle blast.... Yeah, she's loud, but no worse than a snubby .357 would be.

Overall I'm extremely happy with my new carry pistol... Taking 2 years to do the research before switching pistols paid off.

No pics, the range was pretty busy today... Didn't wanna spend any more time down range than necessary.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4