Gen 5 Glock

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
Glocks have always felt like a 2 x 4 in my hand.

Was wondering if the new Gen 5 Glocks still feel like a 2 x 4. I’ve not had the opportunity to try any of the Glocks with a backstrap you can change.

Was looking at either a S&W M&P CORE in forty or a Glock Gen 5 Model 35 MOS for a race gun. What’s y’all’s thinking?

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Glock gen 3. A 2x4 is about right, when I think about it vs my Sig or Kimber…

No opinion about gen5…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":2pe9v246 said:
I have a Glock gen 3. A 2x4 is about right, when I think about it vs my Sig or Kimber…

No opinion about gen5…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Glocks have all been the Gen 3.
Wondering if the changeable blackstrap really makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for years I carried a Gen 3 with no problems, but I’ve got fairly large hands. For the last couple of years it’s been a Gen 5, but I don’t put any backstrap on it so it’s smaller than a Gen 3. At the risk of being haunted from the grave of John Browning, the Gen 5 without a backstrap kinda reminds me of a Hi power. I definitely prefer the smaller grip.

I don’t know what Gen a G48 is but I have a new one and it fits very well. I wear a size large glove. My wife is petite and she also finds it very useable. I’m thinking about buying a 43X to match it.

gbflyer":1gfg5e2c said:
I don’t know what Gen a G48 is but I have a new one and it fits very well. I wear a size large glove. My wife is petite and she also finds it very useable. I’m thinking about buying a 43X to match it.
I’ve got the G43X, and I really like the little gun. And I’ve never been a Glock fan. But these single stack glocks feel pretty darn good. The other double stack glocks do not fit me well, and I have pretty large hands too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cleveland48":3psxmhgr said:
gbflyer":3psxmhgr said:
I’ve got the G43X, and I really like the little gun. And I’ve never been a Glock fan. But these single stack glocks feel pretty darn good. The other double stack glocks do not fit me well, and I have pretty large hands too lol.

Agree with you all the way. I wanted so badly to get friendly with a G40 when it came out but I just couldn’t do it. Doesn’t fit.

I put a set of XS 3 dot night sights on this G48. A good improvement. I don’t have any issue with the trigger as is, so I’ll leave everything else stock. Picked up 500 new brass the other day, I’ll fire up the Dillon when work slows down.

gbflyer":15dkmtma said:
Cleveland48":15dkmtma said:
gbflyer":15dkmtma said:

Agree with you all the way. I wanted so badly to get friendly with a G40 when it came out but I just couldn’t do it. Doesn’t fit.

I put a set of XS 3 dot night sights on this G48. A good improvement. I don’t have any issue with the trigger as is, so I’ll leave everything else stock. Picked up 500 new brass the other day, I’ll fire up the Dillon when work slows down.
My brother and a friend both had the G40, and for the life of me I just could not get a comfortable grip. It was literally like holding a 2x4 lol

Back