I got my first Glock today it's a 17.

1Shot

Handloader
Dec 5, 2008
I have been looking at Glocks for sometime with interest. I have been a wheel gun man for years with the exception of one 1911 AMT Hardballer 45. and a green frame Kel-Tec 380. I was in a gun shop this afternoon just looking around and they had a green frame M-17 Glock. I have bought a few guns off this dealer over the years and have sent him lots of customers. We haggled and shot the breeze for about 30 minutes and I got the 17 and two boxes of Wolf FMJ ammo out the door for $502.00 . I really wanted a M-19 but I could not pass up this deal and I just love the green frame guns. I can't believe how much lighter the M-17 Glock fully loaded feels than my empty 1911.

You got to love the Glock for nothing more than the fact when you pull the trigger it goes bang. Its plastic, the grip feels funny, its not a 1911, blah, blah, blah. When you need it to work it works! And not alot of money spent on it.

Congrats on your G 17, You will love it. You will soon have the glock sickness. There are so many upgrades for them which is what makes the glock a lot of fun. I have a G17C which means its compensated. I will soon get the new G20SF which is the slim frame 10mm "THE LIONS ROAR"

As for upgrades, I think a trigger job is the best upgrade to an already good trigger. If you have any questions about your glock, Please ask.

Here is a couple of sites you may like.

There are some real knowledgable people about glocks here

http://glocktalk.com/forums/

This site has a lot of upgrades.

http://glockstore.com/

Congrats man.

Smitty81,

Does the G20SF use the same mags as the G20? Or did they change like the 21 and 21SF? The 10mm will be the next Glock i get :grin:

Thanks for the information. Now if I can find enough ammo to get use to shooting it. I have loading dies and everything except the bullets. I can't find anybody that has any bullets.

I had to go to five stores today to find some 9mm ammo. I found two boxes of Rem 115 FMJ at one Wal-mart and one box of 115 FMJ Blazer Brass at another Wal-mart. I bought a Fobus paddle holster at one of the gun shops. I really like it. It is so light and fits me perfect and really holds my G-17 secure. I may have to get me some more for my other pistols. If the weather clears up I may get to do some blasting Saturday. :grin:

I finally got out to the range Friday to shoot my new Glock 17. I tried 4 different makes of ammo all with 115 gr bullets. WW, Wolf, Blazer and some hand loads I had. The Glock ate up everything that I put in it without a hitch. It shot some of the tightest groups right out of the box that would put a full blown match gun to shame. It really liked my 7 gr Unique with 115 gr Hornady XTP hand load. The only problem is that it shoots low to the sights between 1 & 3 inches depending on ammo make. I ordered a TPU adjustable rear sight from Brownells and it should be here by Friday. I knew that I would have to get a adjustable sight because I have only seen very few fixed sight pistols that will shoot to the sights for me.

Back