Laser Grip on Glock 23

DaveA37

Beginner
Jan 2, 2010
I have a Glock 23 (.40 cal) and am consideing adding laser sights so my wife can use it, should need arise. She has very small hands and weighs in at just over 100#.

Would adding the Crimson Trace grip to that Glock be a good selection for someone her size?

DaveA37

DaveA37

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

I have a set of Crimson Trace sights on my Kimber and they are amazing!
The Crimson Trace is a great shooting aid for self defense but it is still a good idea to learn how to use the conventional sights, it could save your life.

JD338

Might want to make sure that it does not add a palm swell (makeing the grip bigger) to the handgun. The one I played with on a G27 was, and as far as I know they all might be that way.

On the plus side once sighted in they are pretty easy to make hits with out using the sight within a reasonable distance.

Corey

I have them on my 23C and they do add just a tiny bit of palm swell but it seems to fit into the depression in your palm pretty naturally. If she doesn't have any trouble gripping the gun without them on then I wouldn't think it will be a problem as the amount they add is negligible, but if she struggles gripping the gun without them on it will probably make it slightly worse.

I do like having them on a self defense gun though. They seem to hold their zero quite well and you don't have to think/train yourself to flip a switch or do anything extra to turn them on....just grip the gun and go to work.

Hope that helps.

My wife's hands are indeed small but she CAN grip the Glock well and
she does pretty well getting her shots on paper. I figured with the laser grip, she would not have to take the extra time she NOW takes to place her shots. If she would need to hit her target quickly, the laser would give her a bit of of an edge. I know she can shoot!

Back