25 and 28 for LE only?

meatmachineman

Handloader
Jan 25, 2012
Not that I have a real interest in acquiring one, but I was wondering why Glock's 380 offerings in the US are reserved for law enforcement only. Just curious.

That is weird. I am not a Glock fan but why are the 25 and 28 models, offered in .380 Auto, only available for LEO use?

Hey Charlie and Robert,

They don't qualify for importation as they don't have the "import points" needed by the ATF to be legal. I know that isnt the best answer, but I have never done a lot of research on them either, even though I am a big Glock fan.

Thanks for the info... and I'd concur... of course it's something illogical. I love that a 9mm gets 10pts but the 380 only 3.

You would think a Glock is Glock no matter the caliber? I'm big supporter of anything Glock , but don't think I wil lose any sleep over the 380. I do like the idea on the size of single stack mag. Guess I will just stick with my 23, 27, or 29 for CCW.

Woodycreek":1qjmj6j6 said:
You would think a Glock is Glock no matter the caliber? I'm big supporter of anything Glock , but don't think I wil lose any sleep over the 380. I do like the idea on the size of single stack mag. Guess I will just stick with my 23, 27, or 29 for CCW.
I can just about concur with everything you posted... except I just get to stick to my 27 :( I need more Glocks.

meatmachineman":2e6mpa33 said:
Woodycreek":2e6mpa33 said:
I can just about concur with everything you posted... except I just get to stick to my 27 :( I need more Glocks.

Ha! I know where you are coming from on needing more. I bought my first Glock (G22) in 1998. Been steadily adding to the 40 S&W series of Glocks. Last year I got the G24 to round out all of the 40s. Picked up the G20 SF last year and got the Gen 4 G29 this year. Never thought I would have this many of them. The G18 (full auto) is the only one I want now :mrgreen:

Truth be told, I'm actually a fan of the XD and XDm. I picked up the 27 from a friend and after shooting it and carrying it a bit, I really grew to love it.... almost enough to say that I might be a convert. Don't get me wrong, I still love the XD lines, but for all practical purposes of what I'm looking for in an auto, the Glock seems to fit the bill just a bit better.

Any plans to add the 20 or 29 to family? Or just sticking to the standard S&W 40 cartridges? I've given some thought to that 29. I like the size and that 10mm I find intriguing.

I have G20 SF 10mm and the G29 10mm. The G29 has become my favorite carry pistol in the past couple months. It is almost the same size as my G23 40 S&W that I have carried for a few years now.

Have you found much of an appreciable difference between the 27 and 29 in terms of recoil and manageability?

Not enough to make a difference for me. Both have a good amount of muzzle flip. Still controllable to put rapid fire hits on target.

Back