I joined the club

ajvigs

Handloader
Nov 1, 2012
I bought a 17 Gen 4 the other day. I wanted a full sized duty gun, and for $400 bucks and the fact it fit my hands so well, I pulled the trigger. Will post pics once the waiting period ends and it comes home.

ajvigs":3iwtk2rf said:
I bought a 17 Gen 4 the other day. I wanted a full sized duty gun, and for $400 bucks and the fact it fit my hands so well, I pulled the trigger. Will post pics once the waiting period ends and it comes home.

Each is sufficient reason to pick up that particular handgun. Congratulations. I'll look forward to the pictures and a report of function.

Congratulations! I too just joined the Glock club. I purchased a 20 SF. Only 5 more days to wait for me. I hope that you enjoy your new Glock. I have several friends who love theirs.

Glocks are a bargain, and you made a good deal. I think you're going to like the Gen4 features.

9mm is hard to find locally right now, but that will change.

Guy Miner":zmgqzah3 said:
Glocks are a bargain, and you made a good deal. I think you're going to like the Gen4 features.

9mm is hard to find locally right now, but that will change.

Luckily, I have some connections at my local Outdoor World and I was able to get some 9mm.

I've been a Glocker for 20yrs. My Gen2 Model 23 is one of the best tools I ever bought. Works just like it's supposed to, and has yet to fail me. Can't complain. Learn how to short cycle the trigger for fast follow-up shots (double-taps) and you'll really get good with it. Short cycling is basically figuring out the minimum forward movement of the trigger to reset the sear. You'll feel a tactile "click" when the sear resets. Learn where this is and practice to develop muscle memory of it. I'm pretty sure under duress I would not notice the click. But since I always practiced double-taps this way, it should come naturally to me in those critical moments. It makes the trigger far more like a single action trigger on shot number two, when you get used to doing it. My accuracy improved on second shots remarkably.

It's hard to find another pistol at that price with the reliability Glocks are known for. I started with the G22 in '99 and had them ever since. The G23 was my main CCW until getting the G29 Gen4 10mm.

I did get a chance to shoot her, but with 9mm still being hard to find I only put 50 rounds through it (I only have 200-300 rounds left I am saving). All the shots were in the 9 and 10 ring and she's already in my drop holster at work. Could not be any happier...except my boss went and got a Springfield EMP and now I want a 9mm 1911 ;)

If you want to shoot lead, you might want to pick up an aftermarket barrel for it. I use lone wolf barrels in my G31 and G21, and they are very accurate. Their chambers are tighter tolerances, so completely resizing fired brass can be an issue with them.

Back